HELP WITH PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS !!!

• Discuss HELP WITH PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS !!! in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I cannot get the bearing cups into my bottom bracket !! I tried grease, hitting it with a rubber mallet and a few other things. I have a STANDARD STA... ...
  • Tags bike cranks shop
S

SEALHEAD

HELP WITH PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS !!! post #1
I cannot get the bearing cups into my bottom bracket !! I tried grease, hitting it with a rubber mallet and a few other things. I have a STANDARD STA frame with a non-euro bottom bracket if this helps. any help is appreciated, thanks !!!!!!!!!!

M

Mr_Shrapnel

HELP WITH PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS !!! post #2
Well its kind of hard to tell someone how to do it through text, but if you have a vice, try clamping the cups into the bb using blocks of wood to protect the bearings. You may have to file some of the internal material of the bb away to make the cups fit in, BUT NOT MUCH AT ALL. WARNING if you do not have any tools which are even close to what should be used to do the job well, just take it to your local bike shop. They have all the correct tools, have done it many times before, will not damage your bike parts, and will do a really good, proffesional job.
If you dont know what you are doing its better to pay a little money to somebody who does, otherwise you wilL end up with a thrashed frame and destroyed crank bearings.

My advise is to take it to a bike shop. The same thing goes for headsets.

T

traildemon

HELP WITH PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS !!! post #3
no offense sprapnel..but where do you find the time to write so much? you must live in a very rainy country...anyhow keep up the good work..you give good advice

I

infantry43RIDER

HELP WITH PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS !!! post #4
shrapnel knows a shit load of stuff.
its great.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

HELP WITH PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS !!! post #5
live in a rainy country aye? YES I DO, ITS CALLED ENGLAND!!! hehehe

oh and at the moment im out of work (looking for a job) and waiting to start my college course + my bike is toasted and i dont have enough cash to fix it yet, which means that i have alot of free time on my hands, hense writing alot.

S

SEALHEAD

HELP WITH PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS !!! post #6
THANKS ALOT I APPRECIATE THE HELP. HOWEVER, I TRIED SOME MORE THIS MORNING AND COULDN'T DO IT SO I WENT AHEAD AND TOOK IT TO A BIKE SHOP.

I

infantry43RIDER

HELP WITH PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS !!! post #7
GOOD FOR YOU.
don't write in all caps dude.

F

federal_rider12

HELP WITH PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS !!! post #8
weird ive never had trouble with puttin them in i just get out the rubber mallet and hammer them in but it could be that there is paint/powder coating in there makin it too thick for the cups to go in so sand the paint out if that dont wont well then stick it under a steamroller and itll get in there :lol: or go to a shop and see if they can do nethin

F

FT rider

HELP WITH PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS !!! post #9
nah jus smack them in as hard as possible with the RUBBER mallet thats how i did it they work real good aswell, but i cant take em out :(

F

federal_rider12

HELP WITH PRIMO POWERBITE CRANKS !!! post #10
ah thats easy to take out especially if u dont have a spacer in there but if u do get a 3/8 socket extension and hammer away at the bearin, but dont hit the shield, and the cup with the bearin will come out or just the bearin then u can remove the spacer and then hammer out the cup

New Topics