Help with my bars.....

• Discuss Help with my bars..... in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I just bought a hoffman disruptor and when i jump off stairs or even a big bunny hop the bars come forward :hmm: Ihave tighnted them as hard as i... ...
P

pepsiman5000

Help with my bars..... post #1
I just bought a hoffman disruptor and when i jump off stairs or even a big bunny hop the bars come forward
:hmm:

Ihave tighnted them as hard as i could even my dad tighntened them but they still come forward plz help

thanks in advance

911freeagentbmx911

911freeagentbmx911

Help with my bars..... post #2
look at your bars see if theres a few indents on on the bars if not you need new bars if the dents are clearly there then you just need a new stem if the bike is brand new maybe call hoffmann and explain

T

ThreeStyle

Help with my bars..... post #3
You've proberly over tightened, stripped the bolts of the inside of the stem or crushed your bars otherwise they should'nt move unless you've somehow got grease inside your stem? Try wiping the inside of your stem with an old cloth and around your bars and see what happens.

sixdegrees

sixdegrees

Help with my bars..... post #4
Make sure the top of the stem, the cap part, is on level, ie theres an even space all the way round. If you tighten down the closet 2 bolts 1st and then the 2 at the front this will apply uneven pressure at the back of the stem and will allow your bars to move forwards.

Once you have the top part on level tighten down in a diagonal pattern going round the bolts 2 or 3 times. Never fully tighten down each one 1st time.

:)

P

pepsiman5000

Help with my bars..... post #5
thx

thanks everybody I got it

I toke my bars off and on the back side they was a little piece of plastic!!
I have no idea how it got there but the bars dont move back now thanks you guys for the help :clap:

New Topics