help with grinds

• Discuss help with grinds in the Street Riding forum in area BMX-Forum Community; so im able to hop fairly high and can get my pegs up on some concrete ledges around town but for some reason whenever i try to grind i always end up... ...
jimbosz07

jimbosz07

help with grinds post #1
so im able to hop fairly high and can get my pegs up on some concrete ledges around town but for some reason whenever i try to grind i always end up taking my right foot off and usually putting it on the surface im trying to grind (i grind on my right). im learning disasters now and i take my right foot off with those too. i hate it but i just cant seem to control it. any ideas to get me to stop pussying out? any ideas or tips are greatly appreciated

L

lucasbmxer

help with grinds post #2
i could grind fine, but on quarters that happen to me, then i got them clicked,

then it happens to me now again lol...

just dont think about it.. get on, and if u wanna put ur foot down, slam ur pedal to the ledge, thus making u stop, giving u more control to feel it out., try feables first as well

dsboy

dsboy

help with grinds post #3
duct tape your foot to the pedal? :O

vexal

vexal

help with grinds post #4
its might be ur pedals...or the fact of getting use to grinds/disasters eventaully youll get comfertable with the balence point and stop putting ur foot down...or duck tape ur feet to the pedals lolz

JustinCarter

JustinCarter

help with grinds post #5
What foot do you ride forward? Your pegs may be on the " goofy " side.

matt69bmx

matt69bmx

help with grinds post #6
haha the ductape idea is a good one!
maybe also try stalls first or put pressure on the foot that comes off.
its just commitment so because a stall isnt motion maybe you will be able to get it

K

kevinblahh

help with grinds post #7
keep your feet on, because the first time you get onto whatever your grinding and keep your feet on, youll be able to get on and feel comfortable thus, keeping your feet on. just commit.

jimbosz07

jimbosz07

help with grinds post #8
i ride left foot forward and grind on my right side. im just about ready to try duct taping my foot but i think it will end badly.......

oh and i do the same with feeble. not quite as bad though. usually i just take my foot off but dont put it on the ledge

T

tsi

help with grinds post #9
balance yourself on the grinds

if doing feebles hop on whatever your grinding and put your front tire close to the end of the ledge.

if your front tire is far from the edge you will slide out and that's when you put your foot down

T

tsi

help with grinds post #10
balance yourself on the grinds

if doing feebles hop on whatever your grinding and put your front tire close to the end of the ledge.

if your front tire is far from the edge you will slide out and that's when you put your foot down

TheSamurai

TheSamurai

help with grinds post #11
practice.

New Topics