Help with Crank Arms

• Discuss Help with Crank Arms in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Ok I am unsure about what to use on my bike, My bike is a fairly basic build, Fit flow frame (dark green) Fly pantera bars (white) Hoffman... ...
JamiefromCov

JamiefromCov

Help with Crank Arms post #1
Ok I am unsure about what to use on my bike,

My bike is a fairly basic build,
Fit flow frame (dark green)
Fly pantera bars (white)
Hoffman magnesium pedals (black)
Primo balance rim (chrome ofc)
Shadow hub (10) (sahdow grey ish)
Seventies front hub and primo balance front rim (black on black)
Brakeless
WeThePeople tires
Eastern Stem and sealed headset (white)
Odyssey thermal racing forks (white)

I used to have eastern traildigger crank arms but now need new ones and its either
Odyssey Wombolts (white) or Shadow Torrids (white)

And also whats a good bottom bracket to use?

Would really appreaciate help with this matter as im riding my rubbish cheapo hard tail in the time being

J

JonMack

Help with Crank Arms post #2
I'd have said get a set of Wom/Twombolts and any BB really, they're all pretty much the same, so whichever is cheapest and suits your frame.

JamiefromCov

JamiefromCov

Help with Crank Arms post #3
People tell me the wombolts are weak and break easy and I think the torrids look disgusting

J

johnny homeless

Help with Crank Arms post #4
^ lol, so why are they your choices? you're right though, i wouldn't buy either. except i already bought wombolts. wouldn't buy them again.

JamiefromCov

JamiefromCov

Help with Crank Arms post #5
Im into looks and I want white cranks that are light and those are the only two that caught my eye.

J

johnny homeless

Help with Crank Arms post #6
twombolts are better by all accounts. primo are probably strongest, don't know if they come in white. i'm sure profiles and fly cranks do. then profiles aren't that strong either. lol, i'm being no help at all in this thread. sorry.

bike ryder

bike ryder

Help with Crank Arms post #7
primo or profile are strong. you can just repaint them, the only part that wears off is the part your feet rub on.

bike ryder

bike ryder

Help with Crank Arms post #8
shadow is good company, and so is odyssey, but people say the wombolts fold. so go with shadow i guess

JamiefromCov

JamiefromCov

Help with Crank Arms post #9
Yeah the hollowbites look awesome and they look easy to spray

bike ryder

bike ryder

Help with Crank Arms post #10
so get them then lol. make sure you spray them good and use clear coats

New Topics