Help with a new bike

R

Ride 4 pleasure

Help with a new bike post #1
this summer ive been bikin a lot on this crappy thing i found in da shed, im lookin at new bikes and just want sumthin light, 19-20" top tube and that will take dirt jumps. ive looked at a few and i really like the wtp pony pro but wanted 2 know prices. if any1s cum acoss 1 cud u let me know how much a new 1 wud cost.

I

infantry43RIDER

Help with a new bike post #2
my god...search.

for dirt jumps don't get the pony or anything with a 19" tt...you want something with a bigger top tube for jumping...
if you are looking for complete i would say look at different WTP's besides the pony or maybe dk's if you are going in with less money

if just the frame...maybe try fly bikes or fit or s&m

R

Ride 4 pleasure

Help with a new bike post #3
thanks 4 ur help

i dont really know wot im lookin 4 ive just been told by others who really no there stuff.Im quite a small kid so thats y i looked at the ponys, (i new wtp were a decent make though) could u point me in the right direction! :oops:

I

infantry43RIDER

Help with a new bike post #4
if you like WTP i would say maybe go with a daredevil complete..it has a 20.25 tt which i think would be good...
or maybe go with a WTP 4 season frame and get a 20" tt for that one...either one i think would do the job for trail riding and street if you are into that.

R

Ride 4 pleasure

Help with a new bike post #5
Cheers

Yeh cool
wot else wud u recomend, Hoffman, Harrow..............

I

infantry43RIDER

Help with a new bike post #6
hoffman's are decent
no haro's though

J

J

Help with a new bike post #7
fit makes nice bikes also

J

Joe

Help with a new bike post #8
hmm haro!!!

if u want somethin for dirt, id get a haro.... haro is by far the best for dirt, get a backtrail X3... trus me i got 1..
Joe :)

S

Super S***

Help with a new bike post #9
Haros bt=toooooooo heavy

Hofman flow=well decent

I

infantry43RIDER

Help with a new bike post #10
Re: hmm haro!!!

Joe said:
if u want somethin for dirt, id get a haro.... haro is by far the best for dirt, get a backtrail X3... trus me i got 1..
Joe :)
you are wrong.

the hoffman flow would be good for you Ride 4 Pleasure.
or yea get the fit complete or some frame from them and just customize to whatever you want.

X

XIII

Help with a new bike post #11
I have a 2002 HaRo Revo. originally for street/freestyle...now its dirt. no front brakes, no gyro, two Holy Rollers 20"x2.20", and DK iron cross grips and no pegs.

(Haros arent that bad...good for beginners tho. I really like my frame and I'm not much of a beginner tho but i cant do big tricks.)

T

Tha Goosefatha

Help with a new bike post #12
blah

ive been riding one summer and i do bunnyhopsdouble peg grinds wheelies/manuals and im close to mastering the tailwhip. So i guess im into mostly flatland and street. i need a new bike bad. Im looking into a dk general lee. i need a somwhat light but strong bike to take the abuse. If you guys could recomend me a bike, or give me info on the dk general lee, thanx.

I

infantry43RIDER

Help with a new bike post #13
haros are good for beginners that is true.

X

XIII

Help with a new bike post #14
i got my bike for $200 ...its a nice frame (i like my frame a lot) but you have to change like every other part kuz the resto of the parts suck! 1-pc crank, fragile black rims, i like Haro Slim Bars a lot tho.

I

infantry43RIDER

Help with a new bike post #15
get new cranks and rims then.

X

Xandrak

Help with a new bike post #16
haro parts=good
haro frames=bad
heavy as heck

I

infantry43RIDER

Help with a new bike post #17
haro parts = bad...good maybe for beginners...slim bars eh...
haro frames = bad
not just because they are heavy

Z

zrider

Help with a new bike post #18
Hey i have a question. Im a beginner at bmxing. Is a diamondback viper 04 a good starter bike for dirt racing?

H

hit_da_ramps

Help with a new bike post #19
3 peice cranks are like £90 - £140 so if you buy a real decent 3 pc crank you are well on the way to a new bike !

rims arent bad price though but still at the price you are going to pay 4 a good 3 pc crank put another £60 - £100 and you got a pretty decent new bike se my point ?

New Topics