Help: Thickness of Tires

• Discuss Help: Thickness of Tires in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey everyone. I was just wondering, my bike has Maxxis Holy Roller tires... well only in the front, and its thickness is 2.2. my back tire is really... ...
  • Tags bike bmx mountain bike
X Boarder

X Boarder

Help: Thickness of Tires post #1
Hey everyone.

I was just wondering, my bike has Maxxis Holy Roller tires... well only in the front, and its thickness is 2.2. my back tire is really thin compared to the front (no name), and is 2.125. Now, i went to a bmx store and ordered some stuff from their catalogue. They didnt have tires 2.2 thickness but they had 2.25, which was HARO and was strictly for dirt riding, and they had 1.25 .... which the dude there said that most good BMXs have..

now.. I just realised.. if it is already a big difference between 2.2 and 2.125, ..then what will 1.25 be like??! all this thickness number stuff is slowly gettin me confused.. What thickness (number) do you guys have??, and how thin is 1.25.. cuz i never actualy got to see it (only in the catalogue).

It is a NORCO tire i am getting. made by norco but not sure what brand name.

Thanks

F

federal_rider12

Help: Thickness of Tires post #2
1.25?????? uh that, if there is such a thing, would be like nothing. also its width not thickness. i ride 2.2 up front and 1.95 out back. stick with a larger tire up front(2.25-1.95) and a bit smaller out back(2.0-1.85) dont go any smaller or bigger. and 2.2 is a very slight difference from 2.125

X Boarder

X Boarder

Help: Thickness of Tires post #3
Oh Fhew

Oh ok so 1.25 was probably 2.125.. i hope, if it is then it would be nice. Is it still good if both tires are same thickness? what are the disadvantages?

RuLe

RuLe

Help: Thickness of Tires post #4
yea i got a big tire up front (for 360's and turns more grip) and a smaller one in the back

2.10 - front
1.85 - back but i wish i got 1.95 for back

just think, if your on those mountain bikes (made for racing) they have small tires right, theirs no way u can bust a 180 on it because its to skiny of a tire. Getting 2 tires same size is good too i mean its all on what u like but u got to ride all sizes to actually no what u like. i dont like my primo wall 1.85. i want it in 1.95 and well yea....

F

federal_rider12

Help: Thickness of Tires post #5
yeah its fine, i just ride a smaller one out back for a bit less rolling resistance

C

cav89

Help: Thickness of Tires post #6
yeh bro, holy rollers*high-five*

im runnin holy rollers front and back, 2.20....they r great for everything......

if it is 1.25, itll be for like a small racing or mountain bike or something cus they dont make them that small for bmx.

New Topics