Help riding dirt.

• Discuss Help riding dirt. in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hi I just built a dirt jump in my backyard bout 2 feet high or maybe less. The other day i tried to ride it but my bike didn't even go up in the air... ...
  • Tags bike dirt jump
N

n3lli

Help riding dirt. post #1
Hi

I just built a dirt jump in my backyard bout 2 feet high or maybe less. The other day i tried to ride it but my bike didn't even go up in the air and instead i crashed. 8O Would it be that i didn't get enough speed? Do i need to pedal to my fastest to actually take off. And also, is it necessary to build a landing because i only built the take off.

K

Krash

Help riding dirt. post #2
You can try to do a bunnyhop or just pull up on the handlebars and you might get some air

H

hartattack_199

Help riding dirt. post #3
Well.... First off, the Jump should atleast have a lip on er, that helps yah go up, lust what that guy above me said, Pull up, and u only need a landing if it hurts u or yer bike,

O

oibmxpunx

Help riding dirt. post #4
go fast and pull back

yes u need a landing make it the same hight as the lip dont forget to dive the front of your bike wen its time to land

J

J

Help riding dirt. post #5
sometimes i but a board down on the dirt jumps that i build but that only helps if the dirt is soft.but i live near the water so the dirt is soft .

N

n3lli

Help riding dirt. post #6
thanks for advice

hey guys. just wanna thank u's for ur advice. i tried wat u's said and i jumped it =D now i'm just gonna practice and get my confidence up. then i'll make the jumps bigger. once again, thanks =D

I

infantry43RIDER

Help riding dirt. post #7
sweet...

yea dirt jumping has a lot to do with your head...takes confidence...actually all types of riding do...but once you get up the confidence to hit the bigger jumps you can do anything...

S

sock

Help riding dirt. post #8
A little more help

Just a little more help, this might only work on bigger jumps, 3 to 4 foot like mine. But you can get higher if you suck up your back legs too. Just a little more help if you need it.

N

n3lli

Help riding dirt. post #9
thanx. i'll try that when i make my jumps bigger.

E

evanc

Help riding dirt. post #10
Why would that advice only work on bigger jumps?

S

sock

Help riding dirt. post #11
It could work on any jump, but then again, it works best when you have more hangtime to suck it up.

New Topics