Help required.

• Discuss Help required. in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hey. my brother is starting bmx, and needs a set-up he has about £650 to spend.. do you think he should get a complete or buy a frame and the parts so... ...
H

harorider

Help required. post #1
hey. my brother is starting bmx, and needs a set-up he has about £650 to spend.. do you think he should get a complete or buy a frame and the parts so basically make a custom.

he doesnt want to buy second hand btw.
i suggested a complete. just wanted some other opinions.

if you suggest a custom, could anyone recommend a good setup for around that money. i have spares lying around.. brakes etc. so basically the main parts wheels frame bars forks bb's pedals etc.

M

Mr.Brightside

Help required. post #2
you cant really get a decent custom for that price, so i'd say buy a complete then upgrade it

SnK

SnK

Help required. post #3
Tell him to a buy a complete, but one that's cheap with full Cr-mo everything. If your quick you might be able to get some of the 08's for cheap as the 09's are coming out. Then you'll have over £300 to spend on customs which'll get you a hell of alot of new stuff!

H

harorider

Help required. post #4
thanks you two for the advice, that is what i said, he was looking at a verde method i think. but wasnt that cheap.

SnK

SnK

Help required. post #5
Look for an 08 2hip soul there like £240! Or something with full Cr-mo like i said.

M

Mr.Brightside

Help required. post #6
thanks you two for the advice, that is what i said, he was looking at a verde method i think. but wasnt that cheap.
no probs :) rep+ cos your cool :)

At1x

At1x

Help required. post #8
M

Marcus Poopy

Help required. post #9
KINK WHIP!!!!!!1 nuff saidszzz

eastpak

eastpak

Help required. post #10
Try one of the new Verde completes , they looks hella sick!

H

harorider

Help required. post #11
hey thanks for all the replys, my brother is not new, he's a ex racer, but had to stop because of something to do with his back. so hes going to get a nice bike to cruise and learn a few tricks like 180's etc.

were from england. land of cream is not real :D
and its his money not mine, i did point out but his choice tbh.
he did look at the verde method . i think hes set on that.

thanks for the help (y)

ColourOfMoney

ColourOfMoney

Help required. post #12
hey. my brother is starting bmx, and needs a set-up he has about £650 to spend.. do you think he should get a complete or buy a frame and the parts so basically make a custom.

dude if it were me id get either a verde complete or a fit or a we the people and then with the rest of the money id just do it up with other parts and over time make it a wicked custom.

New Topics