Help please

• Discuss Help please in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i bought a chorme rim last month and my breaks have been squeaking and i was wondering how to make them stop? ...
D

devilgun

Help please post #1
i bought a chorme rim last month and my breaks have been squeaking and i was wondering how to make them stop?

R

Robf781

Help please post #2
Try using a different type of pad, or cleaning the rim and pad up as best you can. That might help a bit, new pads would be the best bet though.

S

sm1thson

Help please post #3
Sand/ file your pad or take it off and run it along the concrete, then when you put it on set it up so the front of the pad touches slightly before the back then it shouldn’t squeak (going forwards, it will going backwards). If that fails, new pad.

blkbike

blkbike

Help please post #4
like he says^^^^ "toe" your pads in, which means make the tip touch the rim first. My brakes squeak, but im ok with it

D

devilgun

Help please post #5
i recently got new odyssey 2x4 pads but ill try and 'toe' them and see what happens but thanks for your help

R

Robf781

Help please post #6
If the pads are new they might just need wearing in a bit, try as suggested above and see if that helps. Good luck

New Topics