help please

• Discuss help please in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i have just got new grips and some levers for my bike, i fitted the levers and grips on an put the bar ends on and took it out for a test ride and my... ...
  • Tags bike
T

titanium_s&m

help please post #1
i have just got new grips and some levers for my bike, i fitted the levers and grips on an put the bar ends on and took it out for a test ride and my brakes have gone to s*it, they dont work, the bike just slows down. my levers are placed just past the bend in the bar, the pads on the back wheel are touching the rims, i have tryed for hours to fix the problem but keep failing, i cant move the levers up because the grips are in the way and the bar ends are stuck on because there is a ridge on both ends of the bars from cutting them down, also my giro has came loose and is making an anoying clicking sound, has anyone got any tips on how to fix this problem? thanx

S

sentaafEQpovar

help please post #2
oh shit, the clicky gyro

i remember that, then i went to just a cable

E

Element Biker Dude

help please post #3
if its a gyro u need to tighten the gyro up and i say dont go to a cable they suck if u wont 2 do heps of bar spins and sh*t
and if u r 2 retarded they take ur bike in 2 sum 1 who nows wot he is doing 8O

G

help please post #4
the only way to go is straight cable or no brakes. gyros suck ass.

S

sentaafEQpovar

help please post #5
somne people can get their gyros to work good, just matters how u have ur shit adjusted, but once u start gettign the clicky, i think its cuase sumthing is uneven, so when bars are turned at one angle, the gyro shifts up on one side and visa versa

T

titanium_s&m

help please post #6
yep the gyro is uneven and its a basta*d to fix, i fix the gyro and then the back wheel jams by the brake pads, i fix the back braes and then the gyro becomes loose again, Annoying :roll: :roll: :roll:

D

Darkmana

help please post #7
I have a gyro and it doesn`t suck. Used to click when I first installed it but with some careful adjustment, it works like a dream. Remember, once you get it dialed, use a spanner to lock down all the nuts on the adjusters. That way, as the cable stretches, you just need to adjust at either the lever or the caliper.

Clicky gyros are annoying tho.

DM

P

Pyro insaine

help please post #8
Go for the strait cable, ive used one ever since ive been riding,its much easyer to replace to.

X

|x|D|x|

help please post #9
true, but if you really work on ur bike, you can get it to work hela nice, my bike is fitted with a gyro, and only front brake, but i can fufanu with 1 finger on the lever, i spent like 1 hour making my brake good, just got to know what ur doing

T

titanium_s&m

help please post #10
its sweet

its all good now, no clicks or movements! :) and my brakes are also pretty dame good aswell, thanx for your advice

New Topics