Help needed

• Discuss Help needed in the Hey I'm new - Introduce Yourself forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hi, not sure if my questions are totally inappropriate to your sight but have been really struggling to find info. My son is seven and desperate to... ...
B

BMX MUM

Help needed post #1
Hi, not sure if my questions are totally inappropriate to your sight but have been really struggling to find info.
My son is seven and desperate to start learning tricks, is he too young? He's been riding his mountain bike for the last 3 years but finds it really heavy for doing tricks. It's his birthday next week and I have bought a bike from a mail order company. Having loked at it it seems quite small, the same size as his currant mountain bike, which he's pretty much outgrown. It has 16 inch wheels, I know all his friends are getting bigger bikes this year and don't want him to feel silly. Are BMX's a totally diffrent thing sizewise?, how small is too small? Any advice gratefully received, you all must have been young once!
Don't have long o decide if I should send it back. Thanks guys.

plugchu

plugchu

Help needed post #2
I might be the wrong person to help you seeing that I am a newbie to this site but I think the 16" wheel size would be okay for him. I'm a little older than that (30) and I just purchased a 20" bmx and I believe the majority of bmx'ers who do tricks stick with 20"

B

BMX MUM

Help needed post #3
Thanks for your help. He says he wants a little bike., so think I'll stick with it, it's an eastern traildigger, is that a good bike? I know nothing but I'm trying to learn. Any ideas on books or magazines tha he can learn from?

B

backflipcrazy21

Help needed post #4
on the site danscomp there a video called groundrules it teaches u how to do stuff u should get him that its a beginner vid

H4RDLander

H4RDLander

Help needed post #5
tnx mom.. xD

New Topics