Help my hub or summin

• Discuss Help my hub or summin in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey i put a peg on my back wheel now when i try to get it off the axel just rotates and i cant stop it from doing so even by using a spanner to stop it... ...
S

slappyslapnuts

Help my hub or summin post #1
Hey i put a peg on my back wheel now when i try to get it off the axel just rotates and i cant stop it from doing so even by using a spanner to stop it on the other side can anyone help plz? i need to get this peg off cos it wont even titen now

I

infantry43RIDER

Help my hub or summin post #2
this happens to me as my old hubs got older and stuff...but then again i just put something on the other side to hold that side in place and it worked.

or you could try putting a wrench on the inside...where there is a bolt thingy...i have no idea what it is called though.

S

slappyslapnuts

Help my hub or summin post #3
ye that bolt thingy wont stop turning

I

infantry43RIDER

Help my hub or summin post #4
ok...try putting a wrench on the axle nut itself AND on the hub bolt thing which is on the inside of the dropout not outside of it.

S

slappyslapnuts

Help my hub or summin post #5
Chrisis avoided it took me and 2 friends but we just stripped the wheel after ages of tryin it turns out the thing had been cross threaded but the turns inside the nut are retarded they have not been cut straight.. its all diagonal so messed up have to buy new nut tommorow :D

D

Devourment 138

Help my hub or summin post #6
you could of put two nuts on the other end, and tightend them together, then held them while you took of the stripped nut/part...just a thought/tip

New Topics