HELP, my back...

• Discuss HELP, my back... in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey guys. Ive got a 20.5" tt frame, 8" kink badger bars, and im 6' riding an 09 Transition, my lower back gets sore from riding it for a while... ...
55psi

55psi

HELP, my back... post #1
Hey guys.

Ive got a 20.5" tt frame, 8" kink badger bars, and im 6' riding an 09 Transition, my lower back gets sore from riding it for a while during a session. What would help my problem besides getting a new longer frame (because i dont have the money, and its an awesome frame, colour and its new)? Is there anyone in my position? Would a 21+" frame make that much of a difference if i do end up saving money for a new frame?

Cheers
Jason

ruzakruzak

ruzakruzak

HELP, my back... post #2
You MUST stretch your back and have your muscles warm before you ride.
No frame change will ever relieve your pain.

andhey

andhey

HELP, my back... post #3
never thought about that but how do you stretch your back?

J

jawn

HELP, my back... post #4
Move the bars forward, flip the stem if it'll make the bars higher.

ruzakruzak

ruzakruzak

HELP, my back... post #5
never thought about that but how do you stretch your back?
Bend over with legs slightly bent, grab your ankles, and slowly straighten your knees...
It will stretch your lower back and butt and back of thights. Hold it for 15 seonds when it starts hurting.

:clap: Bravo ! You're done...

55psi

55psi

HELP, my back... post #6
You MUST stretch your back and have your muscles warm before you ride.
No frame change will ever relieve your pain.
Im not quiet sure if stretching your back will help, because my lower back is in a static muscle contraction when im in my standing riding position and it gets sore over a small amount of time due to lactic acid build up. Thats my theory, im just wondering if theres nething i could do on my bike so that im in a riding position that will put less stress on my lower back.
To relieve the soreness while im riding, i try to get my body in the most upright position while standing (which im sure most of you's do), it only relieves it temporarily but.

M

marks86

HELP, my back... post #7
move the bars forward and mybe get a longer stem

Lemontime

Lemontime

HELP, my back... post #8
Do whatever you can to get your bars higher...!

ruzakruzak

ruzakruzak

HELP, my back... post #10
Do BOTH situps and stretching. Believe it or not, BMX is a sport after all...

New Topics