help me!!

• Discuss help me!! in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hi , I'm a beginner , I have to buy a new frame and I'd like to know the right lenght of the top tupe for a tall rider like me: 1,85 cm about 6'2"... ...
  • Tags bike bikes gt
Z

zed

help me!! post #1
Hi , I'm a beginner , I have to buy a new frame and I'd like to know the right lenght of the top tupe for a tall rider like me: 1,85 cm about 6'2". (I'm an allround rider:street-park-dirt)
thank you!!

N

Norfox

help me!! post #2
i think it doesn't matter if you are tall or not...i'm 177cm tall and i don't mind the lengths of my bikes
but maybe someone else can give you an exact length

A

Anonymous

help me!! post #3
While there is no said TT length to height ratio, there are some things you can go by. Racing bikes are usually divied up by Pro, XL, XXL, etc. You could look on their product charts to compare the suggested height to TT length. If you're 6' 2" i would personally recomend 20.75" or 21". But ride some of your friends bikes, and get a feel for what you like. Flatlanders will ride anything from 18" to 19.5", and plenty of them are tall. there's lots of room for judgement on this issue, but my guess is you'll be most comfortable on a longer bike.

F

f-it_bmx

help me!! post #4
frame size is up2 u,im 5 9" and find a 20" frame jus rite,but im still growin+it will, suit me beta wen im taller,dont go above 21",a smaller bike is easier 2 manouver.

M

My bike sucks

help me!! post #5
I'm about 6'1", and i ride a 20.5. However, I am getting a 21 soon because of trouble with Xups, barspins, etc. BUt i would suggest riding different bikes to get a feel for the lengths.

T

Todd

help me!! post #6
I'm 6'2 and 20.5 sucked ass and not only felt horrible it gave me stretch marks on my back from hunching. 21 is much better and I can ride much better.

F

FBMRider

help me!! post #7
i am about 5'10 and i ride 20 right now its great but i am olnly 16 so i am still growing but i would sugjest riding others bikes see what you like

O

OdysseyRider

help me!! post #8
over 6 feet should get a 21 inch top tube

Z

zooyork

help me!! post #9
:oops:

New Topics