Help me with my survey project

• Discuss Help me with my survey project in the Politics and World Issues forum in area BMX-Forum Community - more stuff; I have to do a survey for school and need some data. The question i chose is WOULD YOU VOTE FOR A BLACK PRESIDENT? It doesnt have to be Obama and you... ...
jesuses

jesuses

Help me with my survey project post #1
I have to do a survey for school and need some data. The question i chose is WOULD YOU VOTE FOR A BLACK PRESIDENT? It doesnt have to be Obama and you dont have to live in the U.S. If you can post a simple yes or no answer with your age and where your at it would be helpful.
ex. yes,16,California
Im just trying to see if newer generations are less prejudice. If you dont like this then dont reply.

Thanks in advance for those who help

P

paranoidmexican

Help me with my survey project post #2
is our vote just based on race?

Samirol

Samirol

Help me with my survey project post #3
18/m/california, yes

A CBS poll was done that confirms your question

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/04/opinion/polls/main4151937.shtml

Democrats (at 67 percent) are slightly more likely than Republicans (at 61 percent) to say most people they know would vote for a black candidate. Older Americans are less likely to respond that people they know would do so: Just 58 percent of those 65 and older say most of the people they know would vote for a black candidate. By contrast, 70 percent of respondents under 30 years old said those they know would do so.

SiLo

SiLo

Help me with my survey project post #4
yes, 17, Estonia

S

Smickus

Help me with my survey project post #5
yes, 20 england

G

goldendragon

Help me with my survey project post #6
yes,17,North Dakota

T

troy

Help me with my survey project post #7
The best thing to do would be to put up a private poll, or maybe have people send pm's to you. 99.9 % would say yes because they don't want to be called a racist...

Im saying maybe. But if he's one that going for black rights, minority rights, all that stuff, then no. They have all the rights in the world here.

Maybe, 16, Southern California

Samirol

Samirol

Help me with my survey project post #8
But if he's one that going for black rights, minority rights, all that stuff, then no. They have all the rights in the world here.
What if it was a white person that was for minority and women's rights?

Martin Luther King Jr. wasn't Racism Jesus, when he did racism didn't just go away, and it still persists today. There is a huge disparity between how the police treat black and white people, and there is a huge gap in the amount of black people that get into college. Minority rights are still very relevant today, even though discrimination isn't as open and visible.

The law isn't equal to black people, especially in drug charges. Now, rights are a lot better than 50 years ago, but that doesn't mean that we should stop progress.

T

troy

Help me with my survey project post #9
What if it was a white person that was for minority and women's rights?

Martin Luther King Jr. wasn't Racism Jesus, when he did racism didn't just go away, and it still persists today. There is a huge disparity between how the police treat black and white people, and there is a huge gap in the amount of black people that get into college. Minority rights are still very relevant today, even though discrimination isn't as open and visible.

The law isn't equal to black people, especially in drug charges. Now, rights are a lot better than 50 years ago, but that doesn't mean that we should stop progress.
It doesn't matter if he was white. That would be out of the ordinary. What else is there to do? You can't really stop racism when it's your ordinary pathetic junior officer who thinks he's bigger than another human being because he has a badge and a gun. They are supposed to uphold the law, not abuse it.

There are a lot of black kids at my school, out of the maybe 200 here, I know of about 5 that actually WANT to go to college. They have a different culture, and alot of them think school is wack! And working at dat fast food joint is bettuh than what dem crackas ah doin. That's and extreme stereotype and I apologize, but in this case it's true at my school. If they actually WANT to go to college than they will get in. You can't blame it on the college. My brother and sister have both gotten into UC schools,( which are the supposedly "best" colleges here in CA) And I will probably get into one too. None of the colleges ever showed any racism towards us. And none probably ever will.

Btw, If you don't already know, I am Mexican. And look like it.

Samirol

Samirol

Help me with my survey project post #10
It doesn't matter if you are Mexican, black, white, or blue, there is a considerable amount of racism in the U.S.

It goes beyond junior officers, the law punishes black people differently than white people. For example, crack cocaine vs powder cocaine. In 2006, crack cocaine sentences were 43.5 percent longer than powder cocaine sentences; the average length of imprisonment for powder cocaine offenders was 84.7 months, while crack cocaine-related imprisonments averaged 121.5 months. African-Americans accounted for 82 percent of crack cocaine-related arrests, while white and Hispanic offenders accounted for 72 percent of powder cocaine-related arrests.

Although there are significant variations in school dropout rates from community to community, nationally the dropout rates for both blacks and whites have decreased since the 1970's. The proportion of African-American high school dropouts fell from 24 to 13 percent from 1972 to 1991. When family income and other background differences are taken into account, African-American youths are no more likely than whites to drop out of school. For many African-American youths, staying in school has not improved their prospects for full- or part-time employment. In fact, unemployment among this group remains at more than twice the rate for white youths.

I know you didn't specifically mention dropout rates, but they are worth mentioning.

The media has divided the working class and stereotyped young African-American males as gangsters or drug dealers. As a result of such treatment, the media have crushed youths' prospects for future employment and advancement. The media have focused on the negative aspects of the black community ( engaging in drug use, criminal activity, welfare abuse) while maintaining the cycle of poverty that the elite wants.

jesuses

jesuses

Help me with my survey project post #11
is our vote just based on race?
Not just race. Im just trying to see if you wouldnt vote for someone just because he's black. Just imagine a great black candidate.

Also it would help if you could ask your parents or grandparents real quick. So far the age range is way to similar. You can also pm if you want. Please dont get off topic, this isnt a debate i just want to collect data

Samirol

Samirol

Help me with my survey project post #12
my grandparents on my mom's side would do it, my grandparents on my dad's side are dead, but I don't think they would vote for a black person.

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Help me with my survey project post #13
you should have made a poll.

the answer is NO.

however, this simple dichotomy does not answer the whole question- i would not vote for a black person as president, nor a white one or a polka-dotted one because i choose not to vote at all. not voting is the third alternative. it's not apathy, it's an expression that i do not believe the system works and i refuse to encourage the bastards by validating their power structure with my vote.

Samirol

Samirol

Help me with my survey project post #14
however, this simple dichotomy does not answer the whole question- i would not vote for a black person as president, nor a white one or a polka-dotted one because i choose not to vote at all. not voting is the third alternative. it's not apathy, it's an expression that i do not believe the system works and i refuse to encourage the bastards by validating their power structure with my vote.
That's fine to do, but realize that politicians have absolutely no reason to try to incorporate your views into their platform if you don't vote at all. Voting 3rd party at least symbolizes that you have ideals and that you are looking for parties to support them.

There are tons of 3rd parties out there that probably represent you better than the 2 main ones.

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Help me with my survey project post #15
That's fine to do, but realize that politicians have absolutely no reason to try to incorporate your views into their platform if you don't vote at all.
i don't hold any illusions that any politician will incorporate my views into their platform either way. even a third party cadidate.

Samirol

Samirol

Help me with my survey project post #16
i don't hold any illusions that any politician will incorporate my views into their platform either way. even a third party cadidate.
there's a ton of 3rd parties, at least one will represent the majority of your views

http://ontheissues.org/default.htm

Ontheissues has a list of 3rd party candidates and their stances

codeblack

codeblack

Help me with my survey project post #17
20, Ontario - Canada, Yes.

Unless he was a total ****ing meat stick - than it doesn't matter if he's black or green or whatever.

jesuses

jesuses

Help me with my survey project post #18
any one else?

K

Karl H. Marx

Help me with my survey project post #19
Haven't read the thread so this might have been said but people need stop worrying about what colour the presidents skin is and whats between their legs and start worrying about their ideas and policies.

Yes/14/UK.

ThisGuy

ThisGuy

Help me with my survey project post #20
Yes/19/So-Cal

New Topics