Help me. Honestly.

• Discuss Help me. Honestly. in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey guys. I was just going to ask you, what would you do when you were on the verge of quiting Biking in general because you're fed up of the place... ...
L

Lay

Help me. Honestly. post #1
Hey guys. I was just going to ask you, what would you do when you were on the verge of quiting Biking in general because you're fed up of the place that you live in. Yes, this applys to me. I never want to quit, but to be honest, the nearest skatepark is a 40 minute bike ride and no one here bikes. I'm getting fed up because i have a decent bike and i just lost my excitement of biking. Money is also a problem. I have no job and i can't get one easily either because i live in this really small town. Just Help me, I don't even care if it involves money, I'll get the money somehow.

Grape Peeler

Grape Peeler

Help me. Honestly. post #2
dont ****ing quit it just shows that your not a actually true rider than. so what i was the only bro that biked in my town and i got made people in it and even got my friend a sponser ship with my sponser. its just time and find that right people trust me shits good, it sucks you dont have a park around you i have tons. but street is ****ing crazy fun. even if you dont beleive it, and you can find out sweet spots and tricks while your in school day dreaming and when you get out you have a fresh list of ideas : ) dont die off, your set just go ride, millions of kids would love to take your place. GO SHRED. later

T

t1jay

Help me. Honestly. post #3
im in pretty much the same boat as you, just keep at it.

Ecko

Ecko

Help me. Honestly. post #4
Where I live, it's mostly all woods. The closest skate park to me is at least 1 1/2 hours away. I barely ride with anyone because I suck and people don't like to ride with other people who aren't as good as them, at least around here. I can honestly say this is one of the worst places to BMX in the state of New Jersey.

But I do it anyway. Why? Because it's my sport and I love it. Ever since I was 5 years old I've always loved going out and riding a bike. I'd just ride around the neighborhood for pretty much no reason. Then about a year ago a friend of mine told me I should get into BMX. When I got my first BMX bike, I was in heaven.

I'm like you too, though. I don't get much excitement out of riding as other people because I don't really ride with anyone because they're mostly dicks around here, and there are no parks or really anywhere to ride. You shouldn't quit BMX just because you live in a shitty place. In a few years I'll be moving out to somewhere much better than this that has a lot of spots to ride at. You should do the same :)

Oh, and money is a problem for me too. I'm 15 and no one here hires until you're 16. I'll be turning 16 in March but until then it sucks major balls because everytime a part breaks I have to beg people to give me some cash haha.

Holy shit. I made a huge post... Sorry, I'm just extremely bored right now and have a lot on my mind. Keep riding man! :)

Scooz

Scooz

Help me. Honestly. post #5
make your own setups. Push your self to get tricks and then dial them for the ladies. ;D

Where in jersey are you??^^

C

Connor93

Help me. Honestly. post #6
Uhhh, 40 minutes ain't that much of journey. I probaly have to travel 30 minutes to get to a decent park, and further for some good street.
I don't know, normally i ride just out on my street just for the sake of riding and try and do something new.
I don't think money comes into play with you not wanting to ride, if you don't feel pushed to ride i don't know how people over the internet and help.
Just get on your bike, go round your town, and finding something that will make you try something new, there's bound to be something. If not, just make that journey, put the effort in, once you get back into riding you see the journey as a factor for you not riding.
Oh, and watch some riding vids, that always gets me up for riding.

dave dynamite

dave dynamite

Help me. Honestly. post #7
get you a copy of RAD, an 80's bike movie. always gets me pumped!
/thread

Traitor King

Traitor King

Help me. Honestly. post #8
If you've got nothing to ride, how about digging yourself some trails?

L

Lay

Help me. Honestly. post #9
dont ****ing quit it just shows that your not a actually true rider than. so what i was the only bro that biked in my town and i got made people in it and even got my friend a sponser ship with my sponser. its just time and find that right people trust me shits good, it sucks you dont have a park around you i have tons. but street is ****ing crazy fun. even if you dont beleive it, and you can find out sweet spots and tricks while your in school day dreaming and when you get out you have a fresh list of ideas : ) dont die off, your set just go ride, millions of kids would love to take your place. GO SHRED. later
Hey man, Thanks for replying and stuff, but you have to understand, there is no streets around me, Hell, I don't even have ****ing sidewalks for god sakes. I go to this school, and that school has absolutely no street rideable things and the middle school near it has only one spot and it's a fourty minute bike ride there. I thought about building a half pipe, but I never got to it. To be honest, I try to keep at it, but i usually ride with friends, I still ride some dirt jumps (My friend has killer jumps in his back yard) but i have no brakes at the moment. I wish like i had a job, so i can get brakes and build a half pipe, but the nearest place that's hiring is the egg farm twenty minutes away from me (Bike ride).

To Traitor King:
Um, I only have .9 acres of land, but I have no brakes, so i can't really Dirt jump.

Last edited:
G

gtbmx0222

Help me. Honestly. post #10
do you own a pickup? have a friend that does? do you own a trailer to hook up to said pick up? do you have a friend that does?
find both. go to the city and find a construction site.
load the mofo up with as many plywood sheets and 2x4's (at least 5-10 ft long each or theyre almost always useless) as you can get on in it without the shocks blowing.
take all of it home and start building.
google "ramp plans", "quarterpipe plans", "halfpipe plans", ect.
get your friends into riding.
be a leader, dont quit bc no one rides. get them wanting to ride. show them that its fun and describe to them the feelings you get when you ride.
thats all i have.

Ecko

Ecko

Help me. Honestly. post #11
do you own a pickup? have a friend that does? do you own a trailer to hook up to said pick up? do you have a friend that does?
load the mofo up with as many plywood sheets and 2x4's (at least 5-10 ft long each or theyre almost always useless) as you can get on in it without the shocks blowing.
be a leader, dont quit bc no one rides. get them wanting to ride. show them that its fun and describe to them the feelings you get when you ride.
thats all i have.
He said he doesn't have a job. How would he have a pickup truck if he doesn't have a job?

gradytroop

gradytroop

Help me. Honestly. post #12
thats all i have.
^^ that is some of the best advice you will ever be given lol. i totally agree with that. and building a halfpipe or some trails would be perfect.
and he is also right in saying "get them wanting to ride". When i moved to this place i'm at now, no one at my local park rode except for my bro and i knew none of the skaters there anyways. But slowly we got talking to them and got a couple kids into riding. Now our local is dominated by riders lol.
Also, most of the ppl i ride with are ppl that i have got into bmx, i just asked them to come ride for a day and see how they like it and they got hooked, so maybe you could see if some mates of yours want to get into it.
But definitely take the advice above mine, good stuff. Keep with it man

gradytroop

gradytroop

Help me. Honestly. post #13
He said he doesn't have a job. How would he have a pickup truck if he doesn't have a job?
i think you get the idea. His parents or a friend or something might have a vehicle he could get hold of so he could pick up the wood.

fit bike co

fit bike co

Help me. Honestly. post #14
build trails

move

alloverdajoint

alloverdajoint

Help me. Honestly. post #15
ride your bike.
i have mad fun on solo driveway sesh's

40min bike rides are the shit too
and once you get to the spot, even more pumped, well i am
keep at it!

T

troy

Help me. Honestly. post #16
New tricks brah! /thread.

Ace24

Ace24

Help me. Honestly. post #17
Flatland?

Around here nobody rode, but I got a bike and now 5 of us all ride together, tons of fun.

P

Pompey518

Help me. Honestly. post #18
Dude did you steal my life?

I am exactly in the same boat as you. I question whether or not to quit everyday but never bring myself to it. No one around here rides, street spots are 30-40 minutes away in a car and its full of hills on a bike if you don't got brakes. I just ride my street alone with my ipod. I think we are in the same boat, but because of this we will always make the best of what we are given. Me and you in a city would try anything because we are just so happy to have a spot to ride and this sets us of from many of the other riders. I think if you quit, or I quit we will lose a big part of us because it seems that you, like me love to ride.

Pompey (WALL OF TEXTERS)

S

Sick

Help me. Honestly. post #19
Because of this situation I began to ride bmx, cause all my friends stopped to rollerblade and got alcoholics or sumthin like that...
Well I bought a bmx for selling some stuff an now I have my fun even alone...

203rider

Help me. Honestly. post #20
Hey man, Thanks for replying and stuff, but you have to understand, there is no streets around me, Hell, I don't even have ****ing sidewalks for god sakes. I go to this school, and that school has absolutely no street rideable things and the middle school near it has only one spot and it's a fourty minute bike ride there. I thought about building a half pipe, but I never got to it. To be honest, I try to keep at it, but i usually ride with friends, I still ride some dirt jumps (My friend has killer jumps in his back yard) but i have no brakes at the moment. I wish like i had a job, so i can get brakes and build a half pipe, but the nearest place that's hiring is the egg farm twenty minutes away from me (Bike ride).

To Traitor King:
Um, I only have .9 acres of land, but I have no brakes, so i can't really Dirt jump.
Yo I got some Tektros you can have if you just pay shipping.

New Topics