HELP I BENT THE FRONT FORKS--PLEASE READ

• Discuss HELP I BENT THE FRONT FORKS--PLEASE READ in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; ok i bent the my front forks on my diamond back i was wondering if i can use the forks from another bike i have . or do i have to use... ...
  • Tags bike shop
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

madbreker

HELP I BENT THE FRONT FORKS--PLEASE READ post #1
ok i bent the my front forks on my diamond back

i was wondering if i can use the forks from another bike i have .
or do i have to use both forks and handle bars from other boke?????

what can i do please help me

S

SaWn

HELP I BENT THE FRONT FORKS--PLEASE READ post #2
un-bend them with your hands :D

N

NeturaLise

HELP I BENT THE FRONT FORKS--PLEASE READ post #3
If yer frame runs on 1 1/8 inch heattube u can probrably use the other fork if they are of same size. Otherwise juz pop by any bike shop and get new forks. forks dun cost much unless u'r gonna buy something branded.
Also make sure yer fork dropouts are of the same size. its either the 10mm or 14mm type. if the other's too big u can get adapters frm most bike shops. if its too small hard luck. the cheapest way is to grind yer axles which are a hell to do if u don't know how.
if u ned anymore help feel free to msg me. :p

A

Anonymous

HELP I BENT THE FRONT FORKS--PLEASE READ post #4
YOUR HEAD TUBE MUST BE THE SAME SIZE AS YOUR FORK WEATHER IT IS 1" OR 1 1/8 AND THEN IT WILL WORK THE EASIEST WAY TO FIGURE IT OUT IS JUST PUT THE FORK IN THE HEAD TUBE. OH AND ANOTHER THING TO CONSIDER IS IF THE THE HEAD TUBE IS THREADED OR NOT.

A

Anonymous

HELP I BENT THE FRONT FORKS--PLEASE READ post #5
just take one of the headset cups and put it in the head tube of the other bike if it fits snug it will work if it doesnt then it wont work

A

Anonymous

HELP I BENT THE FRONT FORKS--PLEASE READ post #6
GOOD IDEA CLARK NICE

A

Anonymous

HELP I BENT THE FRONT FORKS--PLEASE READ post #7
hey swirly the headtube is never treaded on a bike. if it was then u would be loosening and tightening your headset every time u move the bars. the fork is what is treaded and the compression cup for the upper headset.

S

sixpacker

HELP I BENT THE FRONT FORKS--PLEASE READ post #8
hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics