help-bad brakes

  • Discuss help-bad brakes in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; yeah i have another *** ass question. actually 2. first of all, for my endo, i really suck at it..cuz yeah im still a beginner. my breaks suck so i... ...
  • Tags bike bmx endo review shop
L

LiX10DiRRtyJeRZ

Guest
help-bad brakes post #1
yeah i have another *** ass question. actually 2. first of all, for my endo, i really suck at it..cuz yeah im still a beginner. my breaks suck so i hafta jam my foot in the wheel inorder to do it and i cant get my foot back to my pedal in time to land it properly so i always have to put my foot on the ground to break my fall. can anyone give advice on how to stop doin that? also, my mum said that she can take me to get new breaks for my bike but i was wonderin is there a certain kind i should get, like is one better then the other er anything?? thanks for the help guys! :wink:

---REGAN---
 
X

Xero

New Member
help-bad brakes post #3
I got racked off with the crappy caliper on my bike (just fitted to make it road legal apparently) so I bought a V brake plate, fitted it to the forks and threw some V brakes on. They are ace. I can stop on a penny now, and even as big as the setup is, it doesn't interfear with my GYRO thingy.

Didn't cost much, £15 for the plate, £12 for the brakes incluging pads!

On the rear I've just got a Tektro U brake with VANS pads (shaped like little VANS shoes, ahhhh!) and that works a treat.

One day I hope to get rid of the brakes like some of the other guys on the Forum, but I still suck so I need em for now.
 
V

Vic_Vega

New Member
help-bad brakes post #4
Xero said:
I got racked off with the crappy caliper on my bike (just fitted to make it road legal apparently) so I bought a V brake plate, fitted it to the forks and threw some V brakes on. They are ace. I can stop on a penny now, and even as big as the setup is, it doesn't interfear with my GYRO thingy.

Didn't cost much, £15 for the plate, £12 for the brakes incluging pads!

On the rear I've just got a Tektro U brake with VANS pads (shaped like little VANS shoes, ahhhh!) and that works a treat.

One day I hope to get rid of the brakes like some of the other guys on the Forum, but I still suck so I need em for now.
Contrary to popular belief, you DONT suck if you run brakes. I'm sure you're a good rider, brakeless just may not be your style for now.
 
I

infantry43RIDER

Guest
help-bad brakes post #5
yea definitly don't suck if you don't run brakes.
brakes is a style in its own just like brakeless.
 
S

sentaafEQpovar

Guest
help-bad brakes post #6
Xero said:
(just fitted to make it road legal apparently)
wtf? im glad i live where i live

imo, not worth buying new front brakes, cuase most of the beginner tricks and stuff wont be needing front brakes, weven thought they is fun to play with,

then again u gonna go for flatland or sumthing?

oh yeah, about ur foot going down to break fall, practice = more balance
 
S

StandardOX

New Member
help-bad brakes post #7
LiX10DiRRtyJeRZ said:
yeah i have another *** ass question. actually 2. first of all, for my endo, i really suck at it..cuz yeah im still a beginner. my breaks suck so i hafta jam my foot in the wheel inorder to do it and i cant get my foot back to my pedal in time to land it properly so i always have to put my foot on the ground to break my fall. can anyone give advice on how to stop doin that? also, my mum said that she can take me to get new breaks for my bike but i was wonderin is there a certain kind i should get, like is one better then the other er anything?? thanks for the help guys! :wink:

---REGAN---
In my opinion, footjam endo's are easier that endo's with brakes. If your having trouble getting ur foot back on the pedal, then just try harder, and try to move faster.

Or just get better front brakes. And when you do, get a local bike shop to put them on. Bikes shops hook up brakes perfect, that way you have no problems.
 
F

FOL

Guest
help-bad brakes post #8
sentaafEQpovar said:
Xero said:
(just fitted to make it road legal apparently)
wtf? im glad i live where i live
here in holland a regular bmx isn't legal...you need lights, reflectors, brakes etc...bla bullshit :)
 
V

Vic_Vega

New Member
help-bad brakes post #9
FOL said:
sentaafEQpovar said:
Xero said:
(just fitted to make it road legal apparently)
wtf? im glad i live where i live
here in holland a regular bmx isn't legal...you need lights, reflectors, brakes etc...bla bullshit :)
Man, that sucks...guess you can't be weight crazy and live in Holland.
 
I

infantry43RIDER

Guest
help-bad brakes post #10
haha vic...oh yea those reflectors and brakes add the pounds. :D
 
F

FOL

Guest
help-bad brakes post #11
Vic_Vega said:
Man, that sucks...guess you can't be weight crazy and live in Holland.
haha :D good one ;)

it's just formal though, they *never* really check
 
V

Vic_Vega

New Member
help-bad brakes post #12
That's good to know. 8)
 
X

Xero

New Member
help-bad brakes post #13
No, no, nooo, legal when you buy it, that's why they just fit a crappy calliper, then, once you get it home, you whip off the calliper, reflectors and stuff, chuck 'em in the bin and off you go. The cops don't hassle you or anything, it's just so it's legal when it's sold... The local copper had a spin on my bike the other night down the park!!!
 
G

Guest

Guest
help-bad brakes post #14
that sucks, v brakes are some good ass brakes but that was on a rhino bike
 

New Topics

Top