Height off the spines and pedal stalls

• Discuss Height off the spines and pedal stalls in the Park and Vert forum in area BMX-Forum Community; howdie can anybody tell me how can you get decent 3 to 4ft air out of a spine,when i go faster at the spine i tend to flatland it, what should i do... ...
G

gavincheung

Height off the spines and pedal stalls post #1
howdie

can anybody tell me how can you get decent 3 to 4ft air out of a spine,when i go faster at the spine i tend to flatland it, what should i do?

and also how do go at a pedal stall?

cheers gav:)

R

Robf781

Height off the spines and pedal stalls post #2
Haven't been on to one myself yet so can't really properly advise you but I would imagine you have to try and pull right up vertically instead of how you would do on a jump box (where you try to level out and get distance as well), then drop the nose quite sharply to get you back into the downside of the ramp.

J

jameswestonbmx

Height off the spines and pedal stalls post #3
pedal stalls are the same thing as double pegs minus the pegs when you reach coping push your bike towards it and push down on your forward pedal so that it stops at the top of the coping. You'll need to make sure you keep your foot on so that you don't miss and slide down.

G

gavincheung

Height off the spines and pedal stalls post #4
thanks for the help i will try these tomoz:D

gav

ben4everbuyabike

ben4everbuyabike

Height off the spines and pedal stalls post #5
to do spines massive you gotta go fast and carve up it on your way up so you like travel across but go higher at the sametime. its very difficult and sketchy todo spines big if you go straight at it.

Q

Quen

Height off the spines and pedal stalls post #6
Haven't been on to one myself yet so can't really properly advise you but I would imagine you have to try and pull right up vertically instead of how you would do on a jump box (where you try to level out and get distance as well), then drop the nose quite sharply to get you back into the downside of the ramp.
if you can't do them, then don't advise people!(even if you are parly right)

you have to go as straight up as you can. pull off the lip hard depending on how steep the spine is. then nose it back down. or just carve across it if the spine is wide enough. it takes a lot of practice, just like airing a qp right.

iRide34

iRide34

Height off the spines and pedal stalls post #7
leant to fast trasnfer first aka fastplant transfer or footplant

i did and i go a good 3 feet on the small spine at my park

New Topics