headsets

• Discuss headsets in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; how do u fit a fsa unsealed headset? 8O [color=red][/color] ...
  • Tags bike shop
B

Bailey

headsets post #1
how do u fit a fsa unsealed headset? 8O

rawkabmx

rawkabmx

headsets post #2
well first off you need to grease the bit of the cups that go into the headtube itself, the if you have one handy use a heaset press or a vice, but many people don't have these to go baCK TO the good old bit of wood and a hammer and bash em in. then you need to take the cup off the forks easily done with a hammer and as you wont be needing it you can smash it off with a hammer, then put the new one on, put the bearings in make sure they are the right way round, grease them up, put the forks on, tighten it up and there you go

F

federal_rider12

headsets post #3
you can get a cup press and put it in or use a rubber mallet and tap it in but dont smash the thing or you will crack the cup just keep tapping it till its in and take the bearings out or you could pinch the casing and the bearings would lock up

M

Mr_Shrapnel

headsets post #4
my two pence as usual is, if you dont know what you are doing take it to a bike shop, it wil not cost alot of money and nothing will get messed up.

but you can make a headset press out of two circular plates (larger in diameter that the headset cups, two nuts and an old axle. bear in mind that the plates have to be quite thick though.

F

federal_rider12

headsets post #5
Mr_Shrapnel said:
my two pence as usual is, if you dont know what you are doing take it to a bike shop, it wil not cost alot of money and nothing will get messed up.

but you can make a headset press out of two circular plates (larger in diameter that the headset cups, two nuts and an old axle. bear in mind that the plates have to be quite thick though.
yeah save money and make one ive been planning on doing it for a while but dont need one right now

X

XIII

headsets post #6
oops...my bad...didnt men to post in here....

New Topics