Headset Loose?

• Discuss Headset Loose? in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey guys i'm not that new to bmx but i do struggle working on my bike. Yesterday i painted my forks and i'm trying to put bike back together and when i... ...
J

jake b

Headset Loose? post #1
Hey guys i'm not that new to bmx but i do struggle working on my bike. Yesterday i painted my forks and i'm trying to put bike back together and when i place headset back on and stem / bars i go to ride and it still feels loose after re tightening everything i still have this problem when i push on bars and wobble forward and back / side to side the steerer tube feels like it is loose inside my head tube on my frame and is really annoying! I know probably isn't a huge problem but it's usually my mates doing it so i would like to work it out myself.
thanks Jake

kheridr

kheridr

Headset Loose? post #2
take it all out srtip the paint on the fork where is goes in the headset, strip the paind on the inside of the stem. spray with wd 40. rebuild then try it

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Headset Loose? post #3
read this, it shows how to put a headset together the right way:
http://www.parktool.com/repair/readhowto.asp?id=65

i have made this mistake before too, putting the bearings in the wrong way. that leads to a loose headset, which quickly turns into a ruined headset and then a ruined frame!

New Topics