headset help!!!

• Discuss headset help!!! in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; right im building a new bike as everyone probably knows and im am wondering how to install my headset its a FSA:the pig pro the sealed one. i know its... ...
B

bilsta

headset help!!! post #1
right im building a new bike as everyone probably knows and im am wondering how to install my headset its a FSA:the pig pro the sealed one. i know its a noob question but im learning:D
sooo please help and could u explain it in a noob way!!
cheers in advance

B

bilsta

headset help!!! post #2
anyone know?

somelamekid

somelamekid

headset help!!! post #3
Doesn't it come with installation instructions?

B

bilsta

headset help!!! post #4
no its used

T

Trimix

headset help!!! post #6
If it's non integrated you have three bearing races/cups to set.
1) First, is the race that goes on the bottom of the fork steer tube, and you SHOULD use a tool for that one. It slides over the steer tube, and down onto the top of the forks.
2) Second, is upper and lower bearing cups. These press into the top, and the bottom of the headset tube. You can use a block of wood, and rubber mallet to install these yourself, just don't get them "****ed" sideways, make sure they go in straight.

Once you've got those three items installed, it's basically sliding the fork back into the bottom of the head set tube (with the lower bearing greased and set in the lower cup) and then finally putting the top bearing in the top cup, then the bearing keeper, then the spacers, stem, compression bolt, in that order.

Then you tighten the compression bolt pulling it all together, and then tighten the stem bolts around the steer tube.

That'll be $15. Just kidding :hihi:

I don't know anything about integrateds. :(

B

bilsta

headset help!!! post #7
cheers but i do not know what it is if any one else can help please?

New Topics