headset cups....

• Discuss headset cups.... in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I am currently running an aheadset SX1 headset....it came stock on the bike (obviously.) I bought a new YESS fork that came without the lower race, So... ...
N

NeinH20

headset cups.... post #1
I am currently running an aheadset SX1 headset....it came stock on the bike (obviously.) I bought a new YESS fork that came without the lower race, So I decided to get a new headset. I bought a WTB.com comp headset off EBAY, actually hoping I could just use the lower race. Well, I can use just the lower race, but the two headsets are different sizes.

Wondering how hard it is to get the headset cups out. My frame, I've heard, is pretty brittle, esp. in this area.... I just replaced the BB bearings/cups (profile) and was quite nervous beating those out....the head tube scares the &*^# outta me. Is there an easy way?

ATP

ATP

headset cups.... post #2
Yeah whack them out evenly, to prevent ovailizing your HT.

ridecleveland

ridecleveland

headset cups.... post #3
usea sledgle hammer and an old ratchet, Depending on how hard you swing depends on how fast they will come out.

BurnoutLS13

BurnoutLS13

headset cups.... post #4
best method is use a seatpost to hammer it out evenly

Mathias

Mathias

headset cups.... post #5
I normally use the screwdriver and heavy object method, and it works out pretty good.

New Topics