have i done my gyro right?

• Discuss have i done my gyro right? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; ok so ive fitted the gyro but have i done it rite? should it be that wobberly ( as shown in the video ) also why doesnt my right caliper reacted... ...
Jak94

Jak94

have i done my gyro right? post #1
ok so ive fitted the gyro but have i done it rite?
should it be that wobberly ( as shown in the video )
also why doesnt my right caliper reacted?
http://vimeo.com/1795601

Last edited by a moderator:
mack_turtle

mack_turtle

have i done my gyro right? post #2
Re: have i done my guro rite?

it looks like you don't have any spring tension in your right brake arm. fix that.

a little wobble is ok. i think that tightening that spring a little bit to center the brake will take some of that slack out.

Jak94

Jak94

have i done my gyro right? post #3

kk thanks

Pickles

Pickles

have i done my gyro right? post #4

when you wobble it with your fingers,yes thats normal. twist your bars 90 degrees,if it wobbles a lot THEN,then you have some problems,but thats normal.

when you run a cable joiner for bottom cables,you can actually play around with the arms sinularly. What I see is that you need to pull the cable tighter on the brake arm that doesnt move and add some tension to it,while taking some away from the arm that actually has a lot of tension on it

hard to explain it text,be easier if I would be able to do it myself but thats not possible sooooo hope you understood :p

Jak94

Jak94

have i done my gyro right? post #5

yeahh i do understand will try it tomoz afta my construction corse =]
thank you

M

Marcus Poopy

have i done my gyro right? post #6
more importantly its "right" not "rite" :p

SnK

SnK

have i done my gyro right? post #7
If the wire can pop straight out of the place where it fits the U shaped place then use the barrel adjuster to tighten it up, (wind it outwards) Should take away some of the wobble.

Yeh your springs need tensioning on the right hand side which is why the right caliper ain't shifting.

If you can't do it take it to your local bike shop and just say look lads i just want you to quickly check my gyro and brakes make sure their alligned. They SHOULDN'T charge to use a spanner and alan key in less than 5 mins.

Jak94

Jak94

have i done my gyro right? post #8
Mehhh
but u still no what i mean iff i say "rite" and it makes it quicker to write and u need to gimme a kiss
kk thanks

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

have i done my gyro right? post #9
Mehhh
but u still no what i mean iff i say "rite" and it makes it quicker to write and u need to gimme a kiss
kk thanks
translation for those of us who like to read actual words and sentences:
"You know what I mean if I type "rite." Also, it is faster to type. You should kiss me [wtf?]. Thank you."

New Topics