Haro Backtrail X2

• Discuss Haro Backtrail X2 in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I am looking for a bike under $400 Canadian and this came to mind. What do you think. It has all the nessecities like cromo frame, 3-pc crank, 48-spoke... ...
  • Tags bike bikes parts shop

Is this a good bike for a beginner

• Total voters
Canadian_BMX

Canadian_BMX

Haro Backtrail X2 post #1
I am looking for a bike under $400 Canadian and this came to mind. What do you think. It has all the nessecities like cromo frame, 3-pc crank, 48-spoke rims etc.

for full specs goto:
http://www.harobikes.com/2004/backtrailx2/

RuLe

RuLe

Haro Backtrail X2 post #2
it is a good bike for a beginner if u dont ride hard because the rims suck (single wall alloy), the 3 piece on their squeezes so bad it sucks, pedals suck, grips suck, brakes are good, i didnt like those tires. But if your a beginner and just ride your bike and pro hop up stuff and clear gaps its a good bike

this is a haro backtrail x2 - 2004 model the one on that website with 800 bucks into it

Canadian_BMX

Canadian_BMX

Haro Backtrail X2 post #3
the pic dont work

O

oibmxpunx

Haro Backtrail X2 post #4
ur pic did not work

RuLe

RuLe

Haro Backtrail X2 post #5
thats what the haro backtrail looks like when u care for it and put some cash in to that baby :)

BEFoRE:

AFtER:

Canadian_BMX

Canadian_BMX

Haro Backtrail X2 post #6
do u race? Y did u remove the gyro?

RuLe

RuLe

Haro Backtrail X2 post #7
i dont do barspins. its just added weight

LOL the bikes dont look the same at all. i couldnt tell i t was a haro backtrail at all unless someone said it was

I

infantry43RIDER

Haro Backtrail X2 post #8
yea those gyros...oh jeeze...that will make a 30 pounder hit 45...

X Boarder

X Boarder

Haro Backtrail X2 post #9
good

Yo dude I say if you can get that bike, GET IT, cuz its 100 times better than the Ironhorse thing only made for Flatland. I recommend getting that bike.

And plus you said you have 200 bux left over maybe you can change some of the bad parts mentioned above. you wont be able to 'supe' it up as much as RULE did.. lol .. but you can change some parts.

Also, RULE, is that the bike you use in the Loading Docks video? Thought it looked like it

RuLe

RuLe

Haro Backtrail X2 post #10
all u ever need is a new back rim, remove the gyro and get a straight cable would be good and its cheap, new grips, different tires (have the bike shop change them for no extra charge, they will), and if u got enough maybe a new front rim. the cranks will last for awhile. the seat doesnt need to be changed, the bars are excellent, brakes are good but take off gyro, the sproket should be changed to a smaller one but if your a beginner dotn worry about it. o i forgot. the headset really really sucks but for beginners dotn worry but i will make a list.....

just get this on your list first:

back rim (odyssey or alex)
Gyro take off and buy 60' cable (like 10bucks total)
grips (8-9bucks)
Headset (wait untell your current one brakes)
Pedals
Front rim (once u bent the front one)
Tires (have the bike shop change them to haro street tires)
Chain (when u get into grinds and disaters)

the stuff i added that was extra not really neccsary was..

seat
brake lever
odyssey brakes
blue cable (i had a black cable before i bought the blue 1)
took stickers off (looks better to me)
added some stickers (make it look a bit better)
colored zip ties
long long cable
black spokes for the back rim

F

federal_rider12

Haro Backtrail X2 post #11
yeah its a good beginner but it doesnt have a full chromo frame and when you get better the whole thing needs replaced so youd have to buy a new frame since it isnt full chromo(i had a bike that wasnt full chromo and the back end bent easily and i wasnt that hard on it). the wheels will be good enough for a beginner but from there crap and so is like alot more on it. also i believe haros suck thats what i believe and wont ever change my mind.

also saving weight by removing the gyro removed like nothing and since you added evolvers and got rid of the tektros you added weight evolvers are like one of the heaviest brakes. things people do to save 1oz :roll: :lol:

S

sandmriderbmx

Haro Backtrail X2 post #12
no, the backtrail isnt a bmx bike, its a poser bike that kids buy when they think there cool but they wouldnt know how to use a peg other than to shove it up their asses

RuLe

RuLe

Haro Backtrail X2 post #13
sandmriderbmx said:
no, the backtrail isnt a bmx bike, its a poser bike that kids buy when they think there cool but they wouldnt know how to use a peg other than to shove it up their asses

some1 woke up on the wrong side of the bed

Canadian_BMX

Canadian_BMX

Haro Backtrail X2 post #14
Personally i think its pretty good for beginners. I will probably hav some money left over and i think i can get most of what Rule put on the list. Also, do you think this bike would be good for dirt ... because it says that it is built for dirt/street.

Canadian_BMX

Canadian_BMX

Haro Backtrail X2 post #15
One more thing...on the site, it says it is 30 lbs. Is that heavy for a bike??

RuLe

RuLe

Haro Backtrail X2 post #16
no 30lbs for a bike is pretty light actually and the reason is is because the single wall rims. the bike is good for dirt for the tires they put on the bike but i dont like how they handle on street even tho if u wanted to you can ride it on street but yea its better for dirt

S

sandmriderbmx

Haro Backtrail X2 post #17
RuLe said:
sandmriderbmx said:

some1 woke up on the wrong side of the bed
every kid i know(other than you) who has a haro backtrail doesnt even know what bmx is, and apparently, being an asshole is what bmxers do, every1 on this forums an asshole to me, i thought tht was bmx standerd now.

serisouly ive ridden a backtrail and i hated it, really the only haro id buy would be the revo or the new mirra, the old mirras i didnt like, the look heavy and slow, like a tank, lol. i wanna say i like haros, but i dont really like there bikes, u did a good job on yurs though

RuLe

RuLe

Haro Backtrail X2 post #18
yea but anyone can go and buy say a mongoose at target and buy a standard 250 frame and say. o i ride a standard. Its really not about what frame you ride really that makes your bike what it is. When people ask me what bike i ride i say a haro backtrail x2 with 800 alltogether with parts because if you think about it. the normal backtrail x2 doesnt have all that good of parts, got a beginner yeah but for someone that is heavy or either lands hard they need a stronger bike.

thast why i really dont go buy what frame someone rides when they say o i ride a fit bike but the parts installed on the bike is mongoose parts LMAO. i go by what they got on their bikes

I

infantry43RIDER

Haro Backtrail X2 post #19
RuLe said:
no 30lbs for a bike is pretty light actually and the reason is is because the single wall rims. the bike is good for dirt for the tires they put on the bike but i dont like how they handle on street even tho if u wanted to you can ride it on street but yea its better for dirt
30 pounds...pretty light?
30 pounds is amazingly light...my bike about weighs 30..nice weight.

S

sandmriderbmx

Haro Backtrail X2 post #20
RuLe said:
yea but anyone can go and buy say a mongoose at target and buy a standard 250 frame and say. o i ride a standard. Its really not about what frame you ride really that makes your bike what it is. When people ask me what bike i ride i say a haro backtrail x2 with 800 alltogether with parts because if you think about it. the normal backtrail x2 doesnt have all that good of parts, got a beginner yeah but for someone that is heavy or either lands hard they need a stronger bike.

thast why i really dont go buy what frame someone rides when they say o i ride a fit bike but the parts installed on the bike is mongoose parts LMAO. i go by what they got on their bikes
yea, but we werent ttalkin about the frame, we were talkin about the complete

New Topics