Handrails..

• Discuss Handrails.. in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; How many of you guys can 50-50 them? I've done like 3 or 4 in 2 weeks, I kinda just learnt them. My buddy did one tonight it was huge.. 18 stair gnarly... ...
T

Trevor827

Handrails.. post #1
How many of you guys can 50-50 them? I've done like 3 or 4 in 2 weeks, I kinda just learnt them. My buddy did one tonight it was huge.. 18 stair gnarly rail..

What do you think of them? they hard. .etc, I just think it's all a mind game..

RuLe

RuLe

Handrails.. post #2
well rails should be easy but curbs and sement dont try it. dont be liek me, you will get stuck and flip over the handle bars

K

kater

Handrails.. post #3
You have really no idea about what you're talking about.

E

EPMD

Handrails.. post #4
kater said:
You have really no idea about what you're talking about.
haha :lol:

F

federal_rider12

Handrails.. post #5
actually i believe rails r harder b/c it is a slicker surface and tend to slip easier and balance is a huge part since u have to balance on the rail(not to mention a kink rail 8O) unlike a cement ledge that covers ur entire peg and cement for a double peg u land with the back peg first and u wont flip but when it comes to smith grinds well i wont try them on cement ill go to a marble surface

T

Trevor827

Handrails.. post #6
What are u talking about buddy? Why do you think people dont do aluminum handrails rarely.. You need a steel round rail, so you will slid faster. When you hop on the rail, you dont flip over right away if u do it right.

F

federal_rider12

Handrails.. post #7
if ur talkin to me u read it wrong i said if u land with ur back peg first on CEMENT then u wont flip

S

sentaafEQpovar

Handrails.. post #8
i rememebr about 2 or 3 years ago, i was about ready to hit this one hand rail, and then that was about time i quit, so i think i never got around to it, actually

I

infantry43RIDER

Handrails.. post #9
thanks for sharing.

i would say im pretty consistant with rails.
but uh rule...curbs or whatever are much easier than rails..you really don't know what you are talking about man.

Motorkade

Motorkade

Handrails.. post #10
Word. If someone said to me they could do a handrail, but not a ledge, i'd be seriously doubting whether they could do a rail, or if they rode at all.

RuLe

RuLe

Handrails.. post #11
o i didnt mean rails are easyer. i ment rails are easyer to double peg grind not ledges... **** rails are hella hard!

Because he said 50-50 on a rail and i said they are easyer on rails then curbs because curbs u will get stuck unless it has metal pipe on the end or something

I

infantry43RIDER

Handrails.. post #12
oooh.
but still if you grind the ledge the correct way with momentum and such a double peg on a ledge is still easier than a rail.

Motorkade

Motorkade

Handrails.. post #13
Ah. I'm not sure whether to agree with Rule, as i've never rode a handrail. But I have double pegged ledges, and I find you dont flip, provided you land in an icepick momentarily, and then put the front down. If you find you're flipping on a ledge, get some skate wax and wax it up real good. It does make a noticable difference.

I

infantry43RIDER

Handrails.. post #14
you don't even need wax...leave that to the skaters.
just hop on make sure you don't go forward first obviously.

C

casperh

Handrails.. post #15
stop you forget wooden handrails, the ones which chip off if you 50 50 em

RuLe

RuLe

Handrails.. post #16
all am saying if u can double peg a sement (cant spell) curb then your good. and im talking a straight curb, no curb that goes at an angle because of chose it would be a little bit easyer if the curb was going down. but handrails would be a lot easier to double peg but try small ones first. or try the skatepark ramp top rails , try riding up it at an angle and leaning over and grinding it then drop back in (blah blah whatever)

I wish i could go to a skatepark. in my whole life (on a bike) ive been to 1 skatepark because it was the first week, and now they changed the rules and i got no where

C

casperh

Handrails.. post #17
dont say you have the means to visit only one skatepark!?

RuLe

RuLe

Handrails.. post #18
in fresno they treat bikers like we shouldnt even be riding a bike. we cant go to the skatepark. they said bikers arent allowed so we cant go on. and my mom doesnt aprove of my biking because she says im wasting my time so she never takes me anymore. I learn all my stuff on flat street and it sucks pretty much

C

casperh

Handrails.. post #19
do you live in hell or something?

Motorkade

Motorkade

Handrails.. post #20
Rule, no matter where you live, there's always somewhere to ride. Look around you really carefully, and you'll find something. I mean, I live in a old-fashioned English town- No handrail, no skatepark (yet, a bowl is in the pipeline), about 2 sets and one ledge that I rode once, which was attatched to someones house, and they got pretty pissed. The other ledges are all too high. So, I used my brain, and broke into the local school, rode the sets and ledges and benches there, and was stoked. Also, any bank made of grass, dirt, concrete or tarmac has endless possibilities.

New Topics