hair dying

• Discuss hair dying in the NBR - Not BMX Related forum in area BMX-Forum Community - more stuff; Well my mom is finally letting me dye my hair, and now have a few questions to ask. If my hair is shaved pretty short can i still dye it or will it dye... ...
derek920

derek920

hair dying post #1
Well my mom is finally letting me dye my hair, and now have a few questions to ask. If my hair is shaved pretty short can i still dye it or will it dye my skin to. Does wally world sell blue,green, purple, etc. hair dye.

copperoom

copperoom

hair dying post #2
I've never dyed my hair, but i wouldn't suggest doing it with really short hair.

derek920

derek920

hair dying post #3
and why do your say that?

Biggles

Biggles

hair dying post #4
seems a bit of a waste of dye if you ask me! haha

well it won't dye your skin. your skin will go that colour and it might take a few washes to get it off but i don't see no reason why not

M

monkeyonabike

hair dying post #5
have your hairlonger, otherwise you will dye your hair, all of your hair will go that colour, and then when your hair grows longer it will look crap, coz you will have short tips of coulour instead of bigger ones. i dont think the dye will colour your scalp.

copperoom

copperoom

hair dying post #6
i wasnt saying dont dye it cause it might dye you head but it will look like crap lie he said^^.

H4RDLander

H4RDLander

hair dying post #7
dye ur eyebrow too.. :wink: that would be cooler...

derek920

derek920

hair dying post #8
ya but i have to eyebrows not one lol

so the only problem with dying my hair when its this short would be the color getting messed up looking because of my hair growing.

moldaz

moldaz

hair dying post #9
yeah... it will die your head no matter how long your hair is... and no wallmart dosn't sell any odd color hair die.... all they have is the stuff that comes out in one wash... and if you wanna die it a odd color your going to have to bleach it and it will just kill your hair.... and that stuff burns your skin if you get it on there... i wish i never started dieing my hair cuse now i have to do it once ever couple weeks.... and i dont wanna bleach it to die it back....

derek920

derek920

hair dying post #10
so where can i get the odd colored hair dyes at?

J

jawn

hair dying post #11
and if you wanna die it a odd color your going to have to bleach it and it will just kill your hair....
Unless of course you don't have dark hair.

Sick Boy

Sick Boy

hair dying post #13
ridecleveland

ridecleveland

hair dying post #14
so where can i get the odd colored hair dyes at?
At a beauty supply store. Any time you dy your hair it goes on your scalp and use takes about a week to get it all off, but as long as your hair isn't too short no one will really know this.
Before you try to flam me for this I know only of this because the girl i been dating the past year is a liscened beauticain.

H4RDLander

H4RDLander

hair dying post #15
ya but i have to eyebrows not one lol
yeah.. but if u prefer two not to eyebrows that would be much cooler, like the thing u see in altec wer official seal born from its VCO, w/ the ultra hydroquinone generate mercury through visa...i wonder how the electrification concern the poverty of its common wealth association from the regaining it self from turning the color using bubbles and when the PPL-500L create massive support from its original contract of its salutation... :hmm:

(iv been wondering, wat did i just wrote.. xD )

moldaz

moldaz

hair dying post #16
Unless of course you don't have dark hair.
unless you have bleach blonde hair most of the colors won't look as good

and don't die your eyebrows.... thats just weird.... and you do die your hair one of them odd colors this stuff called manic panic is the best.... its semi permanent so it washes out after like 2 weeks... your most likely not going to find a permanent green hair dye there all going to be semi permanent....

I went through a punk phase and i have had my hair any color you can think of i had a crazy ass mohawk it was even rainbow once... like 20 different colors...

Last edited:
H4RDLander

H4RDLander

hair dying post #17

how about this? xD

moldaz

moldaz

hair dying post #18
^^^ your a odd kid... i have no clue what you were talking about the post before mine.... and what is that supposed to be???

J

jawn

hair dying post #19
unless you have bleach blonde hair most of the colors won't look as good
Unless you have white hair, dyes are going to be tinted by your real hair colour/s (which can either be bad or good - it's preference). I think that's quite obvious, no? What I was saying though is, if you have blonde hair, bleach isn't going to do much for you, especially since you're not gonna bleach it white (unless you really want to kill your hair, because by that stage you've gone beyond stripping off all the colour). You don't need bleached blonde hair, just fair hair, be it natural or the result of bleaching dark hair. And only then if too much tinting from your natural hair colour is a problem, for some it's not.

Last edited by a moderator:
moldaz

moldaz

hair dying post #20
Unless you have white hair, dyes are going to be tinted by your real hair colour/s (which can either be bad or good - it's preference). I think that's quite obvious, no? What I was saying though is, if you have blonde hair, bleach isn't going to do much for you, especially since you're not gonna bleach it white (unless you really want to kill your hair, because by that stage you've gone beyond stripping off all the colour). You don't need bleached blonde hair, just fair hair, be it natural or the result of bleaching dark hair. And only then if too much tinting from your natural hair colour is a problem, for some it's not.

I'm just going by experience i have blonde hair and the first time i died my hair blue and it didn't turn out to good... i had to bleach my hair to the point where it was completely white for it to turn out good... or at least a like right before the point it turns white when its a orangish yellow...

New Topics