gyro

• Discuss gyro in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; is it always possible to go from long cables to gyro or not? ...
  • Tags barspin bike tailwhip
F

FOL

gyro post #1
is it always possible to go from long cables to gyro or not?

T

Trimix

gyro post #2
As long as you have "lower gyro tabs" on the frame you are running, OR can add them as a "bottom gyro cup" someone correct me if I am wrong. Once you have that on, the rest is simple....(well sorta :)

L

leon_luxton

gyro post #4
i think so.just buy a new gyro,it comes with everything :D

F

FOL

gyro post #5
I don't need a gyro yet...only reason I would want one is when I'm good enough to practise tailwhips :) (I don't care much about barspins (yet?))

F

federal_rider12

gyro post #6
oh yeah, if the bike dont have gyro tabs on the frame then you have to remove the top cup and put in a gyro plate, but you can go from a straight to gyro easily

P

[PRIMO]

gyro post #7
you dont need a gyro to tailwhip just enough slack on the cable so that you can whip it around :bmx_rulez:

P

[PRIMO]

gyro post #8
i actually got enough slack with my cable to do a doubble barspin so i need to cut some off ill get a pic up of my bike soon

F

federal_rider12

gyro post #9
i dont think he wants to keep unwinding the cable though, i run a straight and i like it like that i had enough with gyros but my cable slipped and now it is much shorter then what i had it set to before. i use to be able to wind it up twice and because it hangs down i could get it to like go 3 times but it didnt stick out like crazy

F

FOL

gyro post #10
yeah it was possible with gyro...I payed 50 euro more and I got a gyro for it and front brake and 2 pegs extra... :)

M

Mr_Shrapnel

gyro post #11
you can allways put a gyro back on, you do not have to have any tabs, a simple gyro plate will do. and you always get a gyro plate with a gyro kit, or with your frame.

F

federal_rider12

gyro post #12
yup thats what i said, but for gyros i like tabs on frames but now i wont run a gyro again so no more tabs for me

New Topics