Gyro

• Discuss Gyro in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hey, what exactly does a gyro do? Cheers Matt ...
M

Matt181

Gyro post #1
hey,

what exactly does a gyro do?

Cheers
Matt

Chaosbiker

Chaosbiker

Gyro post #3
A device that allows the handle bars to spin 360 degrees. You wont need one if you ride brake less.

M

Matt181

Gyro post #4
Cheers guys

is it easy to add a gyro to bike? bearing in mind i have never had a bmx before, and ive never set a bmx before.

cheers
Matt

Jake Eats Cake

Jake Eats Cake

Gyro post #5
meh... the hardest part is adjusting it all so that its nice and tight..
dont you have a local bike shop you could go to

M

Matt181

Gyro post #6
yeah i could pop down there actually, i cant believe i didnt think about that!! if i buy a gyro, will most shops fit it free or is there usually a charge?

cheers
Matt

Jake Eats Cake

Jake Eats Cake

Gyro post #7
if you buy it from there they will probably fit it for free - or so they should do

if not it will propbably be bout a 5er max

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Gyro post #8
adding a gyro to a bike can be difficult or even more difficult depending on the frame you have.

if you have a frame with a traditional headtube with press-in headset cups, you have to take the fork and headset out, take the top headset cup off and put the gyro plate on, then press the cup back in.

if you have a intergrated headset, the only way to put a gyro on is to drill holes and tap threads into your headtube.

M

Matt181

Gyro post #9
cheers, ill probably see ive the bike shop has one in stock and then ask em to fit it, sounds like the easiest thing to do.

Thats if i finally get a bike!

cheers
Matt

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Gyro post #10
that sounds like your best bet.

thank you for thinking for yourself. dozens of people get on bmx-f and expect the other members to psychicly know what parts they have and what sized and weight everything is. for a lot of these kinds of questions, the only way to know is to ask someone who can actually SEE your bike in person. you have figured that out. congrats.

M

Matt181

Gyro post #11
haha cheers.

thanks for the advice guys, much apprieciated. i duno wat id do without u lot!

cheers
Matt

New Topics