gyro

• Discuss gyro in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; so i took my gyro off and left the spacers on so that the stem and handlebars don't shift up and down. everything seems to be fine except turning seems... ...
K

kylejay

gyro post #1
so i took my gyro off and left the spacers on so that the stem and handlebars don't shift up and down. everything seems to be fine except turning seems a little rougher, (like the forks are sticking) is there a simple way to correct this, by just greasing it or what?

N

niteridr95

gyro post #2
you tightened it to tight if you loosin it just a tiny bit you will be fine and sometimes you have to ride it and it will loosen it self a little and be fine

K

kylejay

gyro post #3
loosen the top bolt?

shottyman0

shottyman0

gyro post #4
Loosen your stem bolts then ur top bolt. It wouldnt hurt to take it apart and grease it up either. When you put it together, you don't need to crank down on the top bolt, just do it just enough so there is no play. Then tighten up the stem bolts and throw your bars around a few times to get the grease around and you should be good as new

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

gyro post #5
install the stem/headset correctly: with the stem bolts loose, tighten down the top cap until it's just snug, then give it a tiny turn more. you don't need to make it very tight. once the top cap is putting a little pressure on the headset, tighten the side stem bolts to hold everything in place.

M

Marcus Poopy

gyro post #6
install the stem/headset correctly: with the stem bolts loose, tighten down the top cap until it's just snug, then give it a tiny turn more. you don't need to make it very tight. once the top cap is putting a little pressure on the headset, tighten the side stem bolts to hold everything in place.
i agree

Loosen your stem bolts then ur top bolt. It wouldnt hurt to take it apart and grease it up either. When you put it together, you don't need to crank down on the top bolt, just do it just enough so there is no play. Then tighten up the stem bolts and throw your bars around a few times to get the grease around and you should be good as new
i agree with this also

New Topics