GYRO STUFF

• Discuss GYRO STUFF in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; on my giro, it seems to lean back and forwards as my bars turn. when my bars are facing my left hand side, the giro sort of clicks and the front leans... ...
  • Tags bike shop
S

Super S***

GYRO STUFF post #1
on my giro, it seems to lean back and forwards as my bars turn. when my bars are facing my left hand side, the giro sort of clicks and the front leans up.when i turn it back arround to my right it clicks back so that the front leans down. i have found this hard to discribe. but if u sort of know what i mean. is this normal?

R

rocket

GYRO STUFF post #2
no its not normal. the problem most likely is from uneven tension/adjustment on each cable. its a little tricky trying to work that kink out but once you learn the proper adjustments it gets easier. i use to hate working on gyros but over time i figured things out. i suggest going to a bike shop and ask the mechanic what adjustments you need to make. or try fixin it on your own. good luck.

el nombre

el nombre

GYRO STUFF post #3
my mates did that on his old bike. He couldn't be arsed to do anything with it and it didn't seem to make any difference.

F

federal_rider12

GYRO STUFF post #4
yeah mine did the same thing after i bought a new headset and stem i removed a spacer and it started doing that nothing big about it just as long as it works, but mine couldnt be fixed i tried for weeks and shops couldnt fix it(and i never had this problem ever and i took it apart and never happened when i installed them on other bikes) so it didnt bother me the only time i had trouble with it was when i turn the bars and pull the brake it got a bit hard and then clicked and was easy but i only pulled the brakes when doing that when i was just sitting around doing nothing

but now i ride straight cable i like it much better since i dont do a bunch of barspins or nothing

S

Super S***

GYRO STUFF post #5
well it isnt doin anything to affect my braking power so i might just leave it. gyros are to much bother if they go wrong so i aint gonna start messin about with it. :) , oh yeah, what do you call those gyros where after the gyro part, the two cables stay apart and go to either brake arm?

F

federal_rider12

GYRO STUFF post #6
dual cable, it doesnt have a name

New Topics