Gyro or not?

T

Tibro

Gyro or not? post #1
do you guys ride with Gyro or not? coz i personally thinks its great! but i see many pro's bikes without it and just a long brake cable... what do you all think of it? i heard it makes your brakes pretty weak if you have it though..

I

infantry43RIDER

Gyro or not? post #2
i don't run brakes but i used to run a gyro when i did.
they don't make your brakes "weaker" if you have the gyro set up in the correct weight...gyros are cool and pretty much a must if you are a big barspinner or tailwhip sorta rider.

F

federal_rider12

Gyro or not? post #3
straight cable, i had enuff of my gyro's many parts to tighten and adjust that would go loose everytime i ride and well my brakes work alot better now(b/c it dont have power of me pullin the brakes bein lost through the many parts of a gyro--barrels. adjusters, and the gyro itself-- instead power is bein directed straight to the brake)

R

rocket

Gyro or not? post #4
federal_rider12 said:
straight cable, i had enuff of my gyro's many parts to tighten and adjust that would go loose everytime i ride and well my brakes work alot better now(b/c it dont have power of me pullin the brakes bein lost through the many parts of a gyro--barrels. adjusters, and the gyro itself-- instead power is bein directed straight to the brake)
i rode straight cable for years...then i started whips and bar spins so now i have a nice gyro set up. it never comes loose and i dont have to tighten anything, and i still have pure-raw-intense-stoping power. if your gyro comes loose or just sucks, then you dont know how to adjust one.

Having tabs on your frame and stem helps a lot.

Tibro- there are as many pros that ride with a gryo as ones that dont.

F

federal_rider12

Gyro or not? post #5
i know how to adjust them i know how to take care of everythin but after everytime i rode it came loose there was no hope unless i woulda bought some locktight shit and had it stuck but i didnt want to spend the money on doin that so i went to straight cable and i have enuff room to throw 2 barspins or whips and no trouble with whips and still with bein able to throw 2 whips the cable isnt stickin out like crazy

F

federal_rider12

Gyro or not? post #6
and i have tabs on my old frame and my stem

RuLe

RuLe

Gyro or not? post #7
it depends if u liek doing barspins. if your not up to the level of doing bar spins like in the air or pro hop bar spins. then take it off. I am taking mine off because i dont barspin because i cant and im not ready for them

F

federal_rider12

Gyro or not? post #8
u can do barspins with a straight cable just as easy u just have to either unwind it after ur run or do a reverse barspin i could do a double whip or double barspin with no trouble on my bike and the cable isnt like flyin out infront of my bike

R

rocket

Gyro or not? post #9
ANYONE that can do a double whip and dosent use a gyro should be making more money than Bill Gates. If your that good then its just obvious you use a gyro.

its so amazing the things people come up with :lol:

F

federal_rider12

Gyro or not? post #10
im not makin this up if i could do a double whip my straight cable would go that far but it still doesnt stick out that far my avatar has a pic of my bike and it has a straight cable and it will be able to do a double bar or double whip

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Gyro or not? post #11
i suppose that if you do loads of tailwhips and barspins then a gyro is a must, but for the majority of us i think that they are a little pointless, i just run a straight cable and i can still spin the bars like 3 time easily. i also like having a simple set up, and gyros are a bit..... complicated you know?

T

Tibro

Gyro or not? post #12
icerocket said:
Tibro- there are as many pros that ride with a gryo as ones that dont.
yea man i know.. its jsut i thought Gyro was used like 90% of the time.. but i have seen many riders without it.. i mean ive seen laods with it.. but i was jsut curios to why the riders without it didnt have it..

i guess its something to do with putting brakes on and off easily too.. without gyro ya can just throw on a brake quickly when ever ya want one. (or take one off of course)

I

infantry43RIDER

Gyro or not? post #13
federal_rider12 said:
im not makin this up if i could do a double whip my straight cable would go that far but it still doesnt stick out that far my avatar has a pic of my bike and it has a straight cable and it will be able to do a double bar or double whip
so you are saying you can do double tailwhips...

T

Tibro

Gyro or not? post #14
no i think he's sayin that its possible to do them on his bike but he cant do em.. unless hes bloody good! lol :p

I

infantry43RIDER

Gyro or not? post #15
well he said that he could double whip...

F

FOL

Gyro or not? post #16
You aren't doing flatland right?

T

Tibro

Gyro or not? post #17
no he never said he could do a double whip...

federal_rider12 said:
if i could do a double whip my straight cable would go that far
Notice the if lol ;)

and FOL you mean am i doin flatland? thats a definate no... lol i cant even grasp the bunny op properly yet so i think i would have no chance when it came to balance and spin and all that ;)

F

FOL

Gyro or not? post #18
allright :) I think a gyro is a must with flatland...so that's why I asked the 'negative' (aren't) question ;)

F

federal_rider12

Gyro or not? post #19
i never said i could do a double whip i said my cable will go far enuff to do that no prob i can do whips and ive got a 1 3/4 whip with no chance of landin it but really u decide if u want a gyro or not but for me my gyro limited my brakin force so i had to pull harder now my straight cable is so smooth and one little pull and my brakes work like a dream

@

@:::BMXdevil:::@

Gyro or not? post #20
I ride with a straight cable :p

New Topics