Gsport Marmoset Front in Gold - any mods? little question.

• Discuss Gsport Marmoset Front in Gold - any mods? little question. in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I know that a lots of people have problems with this hub [wobble, etc.]. Recently we can see Marmosets in new color - gold. And i have question: the... ...
C

chyba pojebalo

Gsport Marmoset Front in Gold - any mods? little question. post #1
I know that a lots of people have problems with this hub [wobble, etc.]. Recently we can see Marmosets in new color - gold. And i have question: the old problems have been solves? Any changes in construction to eliminate wobbles? Gsport do something mods to "repair" it?

Maybe this is the same version, old hub with old wobble problems [different color only]?

JohnW

JohnW

Gsport Marmoset Front in Gold - any mods? little question. post #2
The majority of wobble problems were from a faulty batch with an oversized bearing seat. Mine is wobbling cause my collars got crushed, but it's probably my fault so I'm gonna try to get new ones. I'd say get it. They're great hubs.

Pickles

Pickles

Gsport Marmoset Front in Gold - any mods? little question. post #3
marmoset is 3/8" right?

get the WTP instead. its cheaper,and just as strong,if not stronger.

J

jawn

Gsport Marmoset Front in Gold - any mods? little question. post #4
^ You're talking shit on it, and you don't even know the specs? Fail.

There was one batch with poor bearing fit, apart from that it's fine. If you do get one and it's one of the wobbly ones, you get a new one without the wobble, easy as that.

But you want a gold one, so you don't even have to worry about that! The wobbly ones were all black, the gold colour wasn't even around when that wobbly batch came out.

JohnW

JohnW

Gsport Marmoset Front in Gold - any mods? little question. post #5
marmoset is 3/8" right?

get the WTP instead. its cheaper,and just as strong,if not stronger.
3/8" female with a 20mm hollow aluminum axle with a steel helicoil. I bet it's stronger than the WTP.

PBJ

PBJ

Gsport Marmoset Front in Gold - any mods? little question. post #6
I think when I emailed them fly said theres is stronger (don't remember well... sorry)

J

jawn

Gsport Marmoset Front in Gold - any mods? little question. post #7
Of course they would.

But remember also that Fly claim that welding doesn't distort a tube, so you might want to take what they say with a grain of salt.

PBJ

PBJ

Gsport Marmoset Front in Gold - any mods? little question. post #8
yeah true, lol

not the most unbiased review, someone here reviewed it but they killed their leg and hasn't ridden it...

I'd get it just to have both sides tighten at the same time, makes bike setup more precise and requires less tools, wider flanges make for a more rigged wheel...

Dilmah Green Tea

Dilmah Green Tea

Gsport Marmoset Front in Gold - any mods? little question. post #9
2WheelPride

2WheelPride

Gsport Marmoset Front in Gold - any mods? little question. post #10
Gsport clams that there 3/8 female is stronger than conventional 14mm axles, by that I assume they mean a solid no heat treated cromo 14mm which is still a pretty impressive claim. I'm going to get the Ody Vandero 2 eventually after my new forks since it's cheaper and has the Gsport axle in it. I've heard great things about both and Ody as well as Gsport are excellent about warranties on there parts so I wouldn't worry much.

PBJ

PBJ

Gsport Marmoset Front in Gold - any mods? little question. post #11
gsport uses their own proprietary aluminum supposedly 20% stronger than 7075, presumably the reason for higher price

most female hubs are good,

B

barspindave

Gsport Marmoset Front in Gold - any mods? little question. post #12
ive got a vandero 2, its as tough as nails!

C

chyba pojebalo

Gsport Marmoset Front in Gold - any mods? little question. post #13
offtopic ladies ;p
so, old faulty batch? You have pacified me...

New Topics