Grips - Length of

• Discuss Grips - Length of in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Ok, I know this is a stupid question, but we all have those now and then :| I keep riding and looking at all this excess grip/bar outside of my... ...
  • Tags gt
T

Trimix

Grips - Length of post #1
Ok, I know this is a stupid question, but we all have those now and then :| I keep riding and looking at all this excess grip/bar outside of my hands, it is not serving any purpose. I mean I run my bars pretty 'normal' I think....25 plus inches wide, parrallel with the forks, my grips are NOT on the bend, but just at the start...etc. But the grips "just seem long" to me.

My hand, when gripping the bar is 4" wide. The grip 'flange' - to - bar - end - length is 6.5 inches. An inch and a half extra.

Never heard of this, just wondering.

http://www.cavediver.net/pictures/JAH/DSCN0049.JPG

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Grips - Length of post #2
so what do you want us to say? you didnt ask a question.
however if was you, just cut all that extra grip and bar off, i love short bars.

T

Trimix

Grips - Length of post #3
Mr_Shrapnel said:
so what do you want us to say?
Whatever you want. Thanks.

X Boarder

X Boarder

Grips - Length of post #4
I have that too, but my handlebars are 28'' long so.. for me thers even more space. but i think a little extra is normal because your hands wont ALWAYS be right agains the edge of the grip.

i'm not really sure

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Grips - Length of post #5
my grips are exactly the same as the width of my hands, and the bars are around 23 inches long. it works perfectly for me.

C

cav89

Grips - Length of post #6
Trimix said:
Ok, I know this is a stupid question, but we all have those now and then :| I keep riding and looking at all this excess grip/bar outside of my hands, it is not serving any purpose. I mean I run my bars pretty 'normal' I think....25 plus inches wide, parrallel with the forks, my grips are NOT on the bend, but just at the start...etc. But the grips "just seem long" to me.

My hand, when gripping the bar is 4" wide. The grip 'flange' - to - bar - end - length is 6.5 inches. An inch and a half extra.

Never heard of this, just wondering.

http://www.cavediver.net/pictures/JAH/DSCN0049.JPG
OK, now you shouldnt really worry about that extra length, its the same for me, you may need it in the future, u never no.....

also, WORK ON YOUR MATHS..........6.5" take 4" equals 2.5"

but yeh, dont really worry bout the grips.

cav

S

Super S***

Grips - Length of post #7
dunno how long my bars are.

my grips are only just start at the bendand they are actuly to small but im getting some fit grips when i get back from holiday so they should be nice and long

T

Trimix

Grips - Length of post #8
OK, now you shouldnt really worry about that extra length, its the same for me, you may need it in the future, u never no.....

also, WORK ON YOUR MATHS..........6.5" take 4" equals 2.5"

but yeh, dont really worry bout the grips.

cav
HAHA I didn't even notice I did that. You're right......2.5" :roll: Which serves to drive home my point more. I also thought about "may need it in the future"....like removing and replacing hands on the bars (barspins, etc) it would be nice to have that extra lattitude in width. Know what I mean?

D

Devourment 138

Grips - Length of post #9
industry 125mm ...these are perfect for me.

E

EPMD

Grips - Length of post #10
Damn i thought Shrapnels bars were small.. and then i measured mine

...22½ inches and i cut 1 inch off each side today!

oh well they're fine.. i can still manual fine with them and thats all i really care about

B

bruisedbob

Grips - Length of post #11
Trimix, just remember that the more you cut your bars down the "looser" your front wheel will feel. I cut my haro slims down a few months ago a bit too far, and it sucked. I have yet to cut my s&m dive bars down, but i will soon just a little at a time.

New Topics