Grinding ledges, what to make slippery?

• Discuss Grinding ledges, what to make slippery? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; WHat should I use for wax? Should i go to the 99 cent store and load up on jesus candles? or spend my bling on 10 dollar wax figures and shit for... ...
O

orangebeast91489

Grinding ledges, what to make slippery? post #1
WHat should I use for wax? Should i go to the 99 cent store and load up on jesus candles? or spend my bling on 10 dollar wax figures and shit for skaters..(POS..)

K

kamikaze

Grinding ledges, what to make slippery? post #2
Any wax works. You can take candles and melt them down into a big block and use that. Since pegs are Metal or Steel They dont need much help getting going. But what wax does is it fills in all the little holes on the ledge and makes it one big smooth ledge. So it doesnt Have to be the big 10.00 stuff just some good candles will work.

E

EPMD

Grinding ledges, what to make slippery? post #3
Wax is Wax.. all pegs aren't the same.. invest in some good pegs.. animal, fbm, terribleone

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Grinding ledges, what to make slippery? post #4
yeah just some cheap wax is fine. there is no special formula.

B

BlackMAth13

Grinding ledges, what to make slippery? post #5
Demolition dumb chuck?

the pegs with the pvc around em
anybody tried these yet? i was wondering if it was a bunch of hype er not.
thanks

E

EPMD

Grinding ledges, what to make slippery? post #6
they are mostly for park and light street

**** wax.. wax makes it worse in my books.. get some good pegs

T

tipper13

Grinding ledges, what to make slippery? post #7
i use just cheap candles, or wd-40 :D

O

orangebeast91489

Grinding ledges, what to make slippery? post #8
i do have some nice smooth pegs, snafu ones or whatever..when i try to double peg ledges my bike wont stay on it..do i need to lean over more? its in one of those loading docks that trucks pull into

F

federal_rider12

Grinding ledges, what to make slippery? post #9
ok if it is a metal ledge and you wax it, your stupid. its metal for the whole fact not to be waxed. now for concrete any wax will work, just buy cheap candles melt them to make a big bar. if its a marble ledge, dont wax it either.

now for dumb chuck pegs, they are for park use and not concrete. the concrete will tear them apart. they are only for park use and slide great on metal and they will not tear up the surfaces.

D

DrunkPunk180

Grinding ledges, what to make slippery? post #10
there is this bmx grind wax company called Demon Grinder and u can buy there wax from danscomp for 2 bux but but but but if you email them at demongrinder@aol.com and send them a picture of you grinding something and ask for a sample of their wax they will send you a free sample of it mine just came in today

P.S. got to www.demongrinder.com and thats a picture of me on the front page

R

ridesavolume

Grinding ledges, what to make slippery? post #11
speaking of ledges to grind , marble ledges kick ass , i was up london , southbank with a few mates and we found some tick ledges made of marble they slid like a b*tch, didnr even need wax , plus i have shit haro pegs so i was suprised. :p

New Topics