grim reaper + snow =.....?

• Discuss grim reaper + snow =.....? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; well i was just thinking about this, where i go to school we get a lot of rain and snow, and since i ride my bike every day between classes i'm... ...
the ace of spade

the ace of spade

grim reaper + snow =.....? post #1
well i was just thinking about this, where i go to school we get a lot of rain and snow, and since i ride my bike every day between classes i'm wondering what the outcomes of me riding my reaper through the snow/water. i dont think the bottom bracket will like it very much.
but lets keep the eastern is crap stuff out of here, i just want to know the outcome of riding in the winter

A

AustinKO

grim reaper + snow =.....? post #2
not to good.

J

JaredBmx

grim reaper + snow =.....? post #3
^ What he said.

E RaK

E RaK

grim reaper + snow =.....? post #4
Thats bad, it'll rust right up

the ace of spade

the ace of spade

grim reaper + snow =.....? post #5
thats what i figured... crap

Biggles

Biggles

grim reaper + snow =.....? post #6
Get a mountain bike just for riding to and from school. I protect my bike from bad weather whenever possible.

manualking

manualking

grim reaper + snow =.....? post #7
Buy a cheaper bmx bike for the winter like a stolen pinch or something.

R

rattybmx

grim reaper + snow =.....? post #8
no bike should ever be in water or snow

bike ryder

bike ryder

grim reaper + snow =.....? post #9
dont the reapers have cutouts under the bb? that would be real bad to get wetness in. just get a $15 mountain bike at a yard sale or something lol

Superbeast

Superbeast

grim reaper + snow =.....? post #10
yeah, pick up a cheap bike at walmart or a yard sale, use that to ride to school or anywhere when it snows or rains an then when its nice, ride your bike

S

screwglue

grim reaper + snow =.....? post #12
Yeah, I also remember seeing pictures of grim reapers with a plastic shield thingy. If the frame doesn't come with such a thing you could always make some yourself from sheets of plastic like maybe the covers of a binder. I always liked showing off my kickass bike to my friends who don't ride as well lol so I see why you want to ride it to school.

T

twiztidbmxfreak1

grim reaper + snow =.....? post #13
I ride my bikes everywhere so they get dirty and wet
i try to keep them clean and not too bad
you will have to remember not only will the cut outs get wet
but the eyelets for the spokes will let water INSIDE the double wall
part of the rim
if you love your bike only take it out on the nicest days
but i always wouldnt be riding a bike that cost that much to SCHOOL
it WILL get jacked some day take it from me
ride crap to school or get a cool oldschool so you still look good but
dont trash a $400+ bike

S

screwglue

grim reaper + snow =.....? post #14
Don't you guys find it ironic when all of us clean, care, and cherish for our bikes so much then when we can't land a ****ing trick we just throw our bikes?

bdcain

bdcain

grim reaper + snow =.....? post #15
no bike should ever be in water or snow
totaly wrong!
ive riden in the rain and snow for 30+ years
granted sloppy wet snow can be a prob but
good hubs and bb bearings will be your friend
(my latest mtn bike has not seen new bearings/or any hub bb maintainace since new (about 9 years) spot .cris king all use good bearings
when 40 below or when the snow packs hard it can be better than summer (no curbs!) same grip(xcept ice)
as to your grim reaper use the inserts, get a rustproof coating for inside of frame (easy to apply for this frame)
you could sticker over the holes if you wher super worried
keep it greasy

ps lobby your school for a secure on ground locking site
get them to hire a secuity gaurd from the money collected from teachers/student car parking privlages(think about the cost to build and maintain a parking lot on your school grounds so some lazy ass can park

zappa zappa zappa for prez

Last edited:
TheSamurai

TheSamurai

grim reaper + snow =.....? post #16
Don't you guys find it ironic when all of us clean, care, and cherish for our bikes so much then when we can't land a ****ing trick we just throw our bikes?
i don't throw my bike. i can control my anger/frustration.

i'll ride in the winter, but avoid crap weather. man i hate the winter.

Prodigy

Prodigy

grim reaper + snow =.....? post #17
put ducttape over the holes...should do for a while

S

screwglue

grim reaper + snow =.....? post #18
i love duct tape! lol one time I had no pivotal seatpost but this piece of shit stripped pivotal seat I just duct taped it on, stayed on for a while through rain and heat.

the ace of spade

the ace of spade

grim reaper + snow =.....? post #19
well the thing is, i originally got a cheaper bike for college, but it tuned into this bike. the total of this bike cost way less than that of my pantera, plus that has a lot of personal value to me.
and besides, i'm a broke college student, so paying for a new frame is a bad idea. i guess i'm going to have to rig something up to cover all the holes for now

F

fitaitken1

grim reaper + snow =.....? post #20
all I know is that once i put a hotdog in a guys reaper cutout. that didnt work out in his bikes favor

New Topics