Great Session

T

Trimix

Great Session post #1
Good 4hr session tonight. Rode all kinds of sh*t. I even carved the 12' foot halfpipe tonight. (gotta' love Vans, [gloat]) I can get up ON the vert portion (about 2 foot from the top) but gravity is getting wicked, like controlled falling. More speed and confidence I think. I enjoy the feel of those ramps. Of course I am still working on carving air off the coping on ANY RAMP......so the vert pipe is a ways off yet :roll: I can 180 off smaller ramps, (say 5 foot) right at the coping.....nail disasters consistently, but STILL cannot get the feel of airing off and back in. CRAP. Pisses me off. Enjoyed some nince flatties and X-ups.........LOT'S of manuals tonight. Later.

E

evanc

Great Session post #2
Airing out just takes practice. One of these days, you'll do it just right, and it'll click. Keep working on it.

S

sentaafEQpovar

Great Session post #3
wtf is carving?

i went to vans one time, and it was to scary to air the halfpipe, cuase it was so big, but none the smaller q-pipes had a vert lip, so i couldnt air none of them, i can only air q-pipes with vert lips, i dunno why

T

Trimix

Great Session post #4
Carving? To the left, to the right? Ya' know.......

V

Vic_Vega

Great Session post #5
Sounds excellent Trimix. Who do you ride with?

S

sentaafEQpovar

Great Session post #6
carving = like hitting a jump and landing at an angle, like on a hip?

T

Trimix

Great Session post #7
Vic_Vega said:
Sounds excellent Trimix. Who do you ride with?
Just me, although I have some regulare riders I see that I know, and we play off each other......"hey can you do this"....junk like that.

T

Trimix

Great Session post #8
sentaafEQpovar said:
carving = like hitting a jump and landing at an angle, like on a hip?
Again, I don't get tooooo technical in my verbiage, I may be calling it something it is not! Carving to me is what you do back and forth on a quarter, mini ramps, whatever you want to call them. Usually right foot forwards carve to the left easier, (feels more natural) and goofies carve right.....BUT not always. I can carve up and off the ramp, just not back in......always push toward the deck. But then we have had this dicussion before.

You probably thought I was carving "fenix sucks" in the side of the ramp with a pocket knife or something......hahahahaha

D

Darkmana

Great Session post #9
When I used to ride about 14 years ago I could get about 4ft out the top of a 9foot halfpipe. Nowadays I`m at VertX in Sunderland which has a 10 foot halfpipe with about a foot of vert. It`s still scary as hell getting up there again but when I`m padded up, the confidence comes back and I`m sure that with a few more trips I`ll be out the top again. Keep trying Trimix, you`ll get there.

DM

S

sentaafEQpovar

Great Session post #10
Trimix said:
we play off each other......"hey can you do this"....junk like that.
i wanna play that, but of like the 2ppl i know who woud ride street or sumthing like that, i pwn them all, plus all the little kids i see on thier magmas and shit wont play wit with me becuase they only know how to ride off the sidewalk curbs and pop their front wheel 4 inches of the ground

O

oibmxpunx

Great Session post #11
sentaafEQpovar said:
Trimix said:
we play off each other......"hey can you do this"....junk like that.
i wanna play that, but of like the 2ppl i know who woud ride street or sumthing like that, i pwn them all, plus all the little kids i see on thier magmas and shit wont play wit with me becuase they only know how to ride off the sidewalk curbs and pop their front wheel 4 inches of the ground
sucks for u

New Topics