gots a problem

• Discuss gots a problem in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; welll my back brake [IMG]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg146/dsboy222/000000copy.png[/IMG] that part got stripped or some shit cause when i loosen... ...
dsboy

dsboy

gots a problem post #1
welll my back brake

that part got stripped or some shit cause when i loosen it then pull the break it just snaps back to the lever

and i fell and my front brake gor effed up, it got bent down a lil. it still works but i was wondering if i could just tap it back up with a hammer?

and how much would a new one of those silver things be? and how do i know if i striped the actual lever or the silver part?

thx :D

vid---- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk0WbnISR0s

Last edited:
E RaK

E RaK

gots a problem post #2
if the silver part is stripped just snag a new one at you rlbs for little or no money

if the lever is stripped then you need a new one or get it rethreaded

just tap your other lever up or bend it back

Superbeast

Superbeast

gots a problem post #3
Tap the one lever back up and for the little silver thing, see how theres the main part of it and then the little bolt type thing that screws on it also. Well, when you get it out to where you want, turn the one part to the left until its up against the brake lever and it will hold it there

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

gots a problem post #4
The adjuster and its lock nut have a slot in them so you can easily put your brake cable in place often the adjuster bolt will get pinched just taking it out. If the spacing in the slot is not even then stick your knife in there and bend it back put it back together and your done.

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

gots a problem post #5
you should be able to pick up a new barrel adjuster for free at any bike shop.

is your lever actually BENT or did it just shift down? if it just shifted, loosen the bolt that holds in in place, move it back to where you want it and re-tighten the bolt.

fit bike co

fit bike co

gots a problem post #6
you gotta buy a new barrel adjuster/get one for free. my local cycle UK dont give out spares..i asked for a crimp thing that goes on the end of cable. they made me pay 10p :eek:

A

AustinKO

gots a problem post #7
i had the same problem. i bought a new lever and all. most likely its all stipped. a new lever like that cost me 5 buxs.lol

dsboy

dsboy

gots a problem post #8
the lever was actually bent, i got it to go back up though :D and thx guys, ill take it down to the bike shop and see whats up:)

dsboy

dsboy

gots a problem post #9
i added a vid :O

New Topics