Got my Bike Today

• Discuss Got my Bike Today in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; DK Cincinnati my first proper bmx :D :D :D the only tricks i can do so far are 360, 540 and sometimes 720 barspins. i have one major problem... ...
  • Tags bike bmx endo
H

HRT

Got my Bike Today post #1
DK Cincinnati
my first proper bmx :D :D :D
the only tricks i can do so far are 360, 540 and sometimes 720 barspins.

i have one major problem though, i can't do an endo because my front brakes are crap. don't know why?

me, my dad and my friends dad tried to fix them but it still doesn't stop quick enough to do an endo. i also can't do it the way you stick your foot in the forks coz theres not enough room on my bike for that.

i have a driving force gyro and a tektro brake system.

can anyone please help me?

thanx in advance.

cant wait till 2morrow mornin 2 ride my bike :D :D :D

E

EPMD

Got my Bike Today post #3
I can do 'em without a front brake :D

H

HRT

Got my Bike Today post #4
it dosn't say how to fix it on the link ? :(

R

ride888

Got my Bike Today post #5
EPMD said:
I can do 'em without a front brake :D
with your foot, how?

I

infantry43RIDER

Got my Bike Today post #6
i can do them without front brakes...and without the foot.
its called balance.

E

EPMD

Got my Bike Today post #7
F

federal_rider12

Got my Bike Today post #8
well if the brakes r tight enuff not too tight though, then go buy some soft brake pads b/c i bet those ones on there r stiff as my tektro brake pads were

H

HRT

Got my Bike Today post #9
thanx
i'll go buy new brake pads 2morrow and some gloves
i hav 2 ask them to put it on for me though coz i don't know nothin about fixin bikes and i don't have the right tools anywayz

they charge $50 just for the labor! :?
are brake pads expensive?
this better work :?

S

sentaafEQpovar

Got my Bike Today post #10
jesus christ, 50$ to change brake pads? i would ****ing piss myself, it takes like 40 seconds, and its like one of the most simple things ever, just ask some man down the street to do it, anyone should be able to figure it out, brakepads should be about 6 bucks o maybe 1.30 if u get em from walgreens

F

federal_rider12

Got my Bike Today post #11
$50???????? man get an adjustable wrench and loosen the bolt that holds the pad on and then slip on the new pad line it up with the rim(make sure the curve is with the curve of the rim) hold the pad very tight or pull the brake lever as tight as possible and tighten down the bolt

H

HRT

Got my Bike Today post #12
:oops:
lol
i thought i had 2 mess around with the gyro
i was in such a panic i wasn't thinking strait

anywayz i hav more bad news 4 myself:

my friend bought a haro mirra 540 yesterday and it has exactly the same
type of brakes as my bike, same brand, same design, even the same colour and it works perfectly on his bike

we have different rims and gyros though
i have sun black box rims if it matters - there designed in usa so i think
they should be okay?

it just pisses me off that the same brakes on a different bike work perfectly :x :x

I

infantry43RIDER

Got my Bike Today post #13
those rims are ok even if they weren't built in the us...

X

XIII

Got my Bike Today post #14
get chrome rims and Odyssey 2x4 pads and you wont believe the difference.

D

Devourment 138

Got my Bike Today post #15
dude!!! 50 bucks labor?????? Do it yourself....If ya dont it will be 50 here and 50 there... next thing ya know 50 turns to 100 and then you still wont know how to adjust youir chain. I raced motocross for a few good years, and I would see people spending enough money having there bikes fixed, that they could of damn near bought a new one at the end of the year, AND waiting...and waiting...and waiting and...........plus brakes need to be adjusted on a reguler basis. Good-luck

F

federal_rider12

Got my Bike Today post #16
i was goin to buy the odyssey evolver brakes but then i saw the guy had the fiesta brake kit so i bought it and man my brakes r much tighter pull easier return quicker and the pads stop on a dime and i am usin my old tektro brakes which i will keep forever now unless i get the money to get those revenge bad ass brakes

New Topics