Got a bike from.. TARGET

• Discuss Got a bike from.. TARGET in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; it's heavy and i only got it to get around and maybe **** around with some flatland stuff? any idea on where to start? I read the flatland thread... ...
S

skull

Got a bike from.. TARGET post #1
it's heavy and i only got it to get around and maybe **** around with some flatland stuff?

any idea on where to start? I read the flatland thread of list of tricks to start with but is the bike gonna be any good, if i want to upgrade should I just get a new frame?

thanks in advance

manualking

manualking

Got a bike from.. TARGET post #2
youll have to get new everything if you want a good lite bike. and for flat land is hard and you have to have dedication and a short toptube.

S

skull

Got a bike from.. TARGET post #3
yeah your right, but i don't have THAT much money + i'm leaving the country in 2/3 more months..

any other cheap options? short toptube.. why?

M

marks86

Got a bike from.. TARGET post #4
ride for like 6months get past the complete noob level then invest in a better bike

S

skull

Got a bike from.. TARGET post #5
The bike is so heavy that I hardly can bunny-hop or anything.

Thanks for being so patient with me, I don't mean to sound dumb but what kind of tricks can I do with a 40lbs bike?

and what kind of bike would you recommend after I'm past the "complete noob" level?

Thanks!

D

Doesj

Got a bike from.. TARGET post #6
all the tricks you can do with a 23lbs bike, it just requires more muscle ;-)

though I wouldn't do 3+ft drops with a target bike... I bent the forks on my cheap bmx just "dropping" of the curbs...

S

skull

Got a bike from.. TARGET post #7
Should I get a new frame? I'm trying to just do some flatland stuff and maybe some bunny hop off of ledges.

Is the DK General Lee any good for what I'm trying to do? Light enough?

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Got a bike from.. TARGET post #8
return it asap, save your money and buy a decent bike. seriously. i have seen all the "bmx" bikes they sell at target and they are all pretty lousy. they just aren't made right.

S

skull

Got a bike from.. TARGET post #9
I can't cuz I took all the stickers/decals off, or can I?

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Got a bike from.. TARGET post #10
they are not going to take it back now. maybe you can sell it on craigslist. or just ride it until it breaks and falls apart, which should not take long, and buy a decent bike. start saving your money now.

i hope you learned your lesson about buying crappy stuff- buy cheap, buy twice.

S

skull

Got a bike from.. TARGET post #11
Thanks for the help.

McKenzie32

McKenzie32

Got a bike from.. TARGET post #12
is it a mongoose?

New Topics