good rims?

• Discuss good rims? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I just wondered if any1 cud tell me a good make for rims, cos my bikes got crusty ones that look like there gonna buckle if i go up a ramp ...

good rims? post #1
I just wondered if any1 cud tell me a good make for rims, cos my bikes got crusty ones that look like there gonna buckle if i go up a ramp

@

@:::BMXdevil:::@

good rims? post #2
whats your budget if i know it i could more help you

good rims? post #3
lol, well i got £75 at the moment so i wud say newhere between £50 + £70. i dunno if there decent prices for rims, cos i never had this problem b4
(guess wot, i buckled my back rim!)

w3zl01d

w3zl01d

good rims? post #4
back rim..

primo hula hoop is dope shit for back rim !

F

federal_rider12

good rims? post #5
well i dont know money conversions but i dont think you have enough to get a good set for that much but youi could get 1 good rim i would say atomlab trailking or trailpimp but those are hard to find now, but demolition(riding now), sun 4-play(going to be riding), sun bfr, sun big city, and araya himiko(RB-J1) are great rims all are very tough

good rims? post #6
1 o my m8s has ALEX dirt rims n they are good apparantly, but i avnt even herd o them b4

F

federal_rider12

good rims? post #7
i hate alex rims especially the supra e, they say it is the strongest and heaviest but really ive found its just the heaviest, but anyways it depends on what kind they are so go find out what kind they and then ill tell you how good it is

M

Mr_Shrapnel

good rims? post #8
well, it really depends on how hard you are on rims, if you are quite a smooth light rider, then you could get away with something like a odyssey hazard lite, or an araya x7, but if you are pretty harsh then you should check out the sun big city rims.
another rim which i like the look of is an alex supra beta.

be aware that the stronger the rim, generally it will be heavier, and heavy wheels really do make do certain tricks a bit of a pain in the buttocks.
thy and get the lighest rim you can without comprimising strength.

F

federal_rider12

good rims? post #9
like sun bfr light but strong

w3zl01d

w3zl01d

good rims? post #10
why

why is the primo hula hoop not any good ?

S

sandmriderbmx

good rims? post #11
i got sun big citys, havent rode em yet cause there so new but on my other bike i got a supra j rear and its nice

I

infantry43RIDER

good rims? post #12
Re: why

w3zl01d said:
why is the primo hula hoop not any good ?
it is...the hula hoop is an amazing rim.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

good rims? post #13
yeah it is a good rim, but due to the fact that it is a "tall" rim it can be a pain in the anus getting your tire on and off it. the hazard lite was the first "tall" rim i have ever bought, when it dies, i am never going to buy another tall rim. dont get me wrong, its a damn good rim, but i hate getting tires on and off the hobo.

oh and i belive someone said the sun bfr was good, well it is, but the walls are pinned not welded, meaning that there is a significant weakness in its design, but whatever floats your boat.

RuLe

RuLe

good rims? post #14
alex triple walls
alex Supra G (rim i got its sweet)

good rims? post #15
lol, i'll have a look around, thanx

S

sandmriderbmx

good rims? post #16
i think everyones avaitor should be there bike

F

federal_rider12

good rims? post #17
sun says its one of the strongest all-round rim and i believe them considering ive seen lots of people bash the crap out of them and no problems with them not even a dent i have neevr seen anyone say one bad thing about it, im planning on running it as my front rim but i like my demolition too much to get rid of it and i know ill hate myself for getting the 4-play only becuase of how hard it will be to put on and remove tires but i will like it otherwise and i better get that wheel friday or my old wheel is going to blow out because more then half the spokes are bent and super loose but cant be tighten any more then they are and are pretty bent

New Topics