good day no smiths

• Discuss good day no smiths in the Street Riding forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i was at the local park today to dial my grinds due to my new macniel/sun front wheel i got feebles completly down but i tried smiths and i just hit... ...
720 TAilwhip

720 TAilwhip

good day no smiths post #1
i was at the local park today to dial my grinds due to my new macniel/sun front wheel i got feebles completly down but i tried smiths and i just hit the back wheel and go into double peg im also hiiting a pyrimid style ramp onto a box will it be harder form a bhop what could i do to get my back onto the ledge i can jump on the ledge if that helps

Q

Quen

good day no smiths post #2
instead of thinking "i want to get the back tire on ledge", think "i want to hop onto the ledge, but i want to grind my front peg". that usually works good for me, but it some times gets your weight too much on the ledge instead of in the grind.

T

Trimix

good day no smiths post #3
Are you saying you're trying to Smith stall, or grind? They're a little different, but not much. If you're hitting your back wheel, it's just becuase you're use to Feebles and Doubles. Just tuck it a little more and set it down on the deck/ledge. Lean forward slightly more. For grinds, you are usually going a lot more straight onto the ledge, if it's coping then it's a little different. I find smith grinds on quarters harder than on say a ledge or box I can hit straight on.

I didn't help much did I :hihi:

720 TAilwhip

720 TAilwhip

good day no smiths post #4
thanks guys ill try today btw im talking about grinding and how should i come at the legde parralel....or at an angle

Q

Quen

good day no smiths post #5
a little angle, otherwise, you'll just smash into the ledge... maybe like 5 degrees

New Topics