Good cranks?

• Discuss Good cranks? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; [url]http://www.danscomp.com/452537.php?cat=PARTS[/url] I'm looking at the 165MM or 170mm blacks, are these any good? ...
Air-Ox

Air-Ox

Good cranks? post #2
I havent heard good things about medials but i dont know about medial 2.0s

90psi

90psi

Good cranks? post #3
get powerbites or hollowbites

Tdadd

Tdadd

Good cranks? post #4
I havent heard good things about medials but i dont know about medial 2.0s
I was looking at the wombolts and the primo's too but they dont seem to have anything under 175mm and i'm only 5'1 so I need something shorter

get powerbites or hollowbites
They actualy do have 170mm powerbites, what is the difference in the BB kits though? Like american, spanish etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

marks86

Good cranks? post #5
dont get primo cranks. those medial2.0s are a really nice crank

Tdadd

Tdadd

Good cranks? post #6
Alright, 1 for primo 1 for the 2.0's.. anyone else? A reason would be awsome too

Tdadd

Tdadd

Good cranks? post #8
1 for powerbites, 1 for profile, 1 for the 2.0's anyone else with a reason?

At1x

At1x

Good cranks? post #9
1 for Powerbites and 1 for Profile just because they're kick ass and nobody says they're shit.

Tdadd

Tdadd

Good cranks? post #10
anyone else?

M

Marcus Poopy

Good cranks? post #11
i dont care for demolition, ive seen alot of their parts break...even the medial cranks.

zzzzzzz

zzzzzzz

Good cranks? post #12
I've got hollowbites at the moment. The cranks are great except for 2 minor things:
1. They creak...............alot. It's not a big deal, you just have to keep them greased. There's nothing wrong, it's just what happens when alloy (crank arm) meets chromo (spindle). It's metalurgy at it's finest. On a plus, no need for a crank pull, just loosen the pinch bolts, take off the compression bolt and tap the arm with a rubber mallet.

2. Where the pinch bolts are, there's a sharp corner. It will get dull after a few bailed tailwhip attempts, though. It hurts when you catch your ankle on it.

Other than that, the cranks are great.

Now for the profiles. They have been around since I started riding back in the 1980's. That says it all. The cranks rock. I have a set that is 12 years old and they still run excellent. Now, they have limited edition colors being released every month. This month is electric blue.

Either of those 2 would be a good investment.

F

frightmare

Good cranks? post #13
i had profile and im currently running a wombolt. the wombolt was just redesigned and was renamed to the twombolt. so far i like them. havent had a problem. your going to hear mixed reviews about everything. cant go wrong with profile thats for sure. i like my wombolts for now though.

andhey

andhey

Good cranks? post #14
or try sputnic cranks they look quite promising and they come in 170mm also

J

jawn

Good cranks? post #16
Go for Primos. Profile's spline interface wears over time, resulting in wobble.

They often creak without grease, but you should have grease on there anyway to stop the arm & spindle corroding together.

IB Street

IB Street

Good cranks? post #17
The reviews of the medial 2.0s are really good. They are supposed to be extremely durable and well structured.

But then again Profiles are supposed to be close to godly so your choice.

G

givertits

Good cranks? post #18
ur choice but i have 2 broken sets sittin in my bed room a medial lite and a medial 2.0 and they wont warrenty them cause i lost the recipe and cuz they are ultra homo

K

Kirbs

Good cranks? post #19
Im gonna get some demos, Theyr'e shit hasn't let me down yet.

Mackex

Mackex

Good cranks? post #20
profiles are true quality. get them
99999999 for profiles

New Topics