goo or no goo

• Discuss goo or no goo in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; has anybody ever heard of that goo thats in some tubes ......should i go goo or no goo....and why ...
  • Tags bike bikes bmx

has anybody ever heard of that goo thats in some tubes ......should i go goo on no goo

• Total voters
D

DrunkPunk180

goo or no goo post #1
has anybody ever heard of that goo thats in some tubes ......should i go goo or no goo....and why

I

infantry43RIDER

goo or no goo post #2
not really worth it to me.

S

sandmriderbmx

goo or no goo post #3
NO GOO!!!!! i hate tht stuff, if you pop yur tub it goes all over the inside of yur tire.
its really only good for mountain bikes

F

federal_rider12

goo or no goo post #4
fix a flat? if your goign to use it you need to buy the specialy made kind for bikes. i have used it and it worked for me great got quite a few nails in it and it filled every hole and didnt make a mess. only downside was that a bit more comes through the hole and kinda glues the tube to the tire but no biggy just yank it off.

L

leon_luxton

goo or no goo post #5
nah the weight ALOT compered to normal innertubes :evil:

M

Mr_Shrapnel

goo or no goo post #6
they weight too much, and they burst covering your bike in crap. if you really cant stand punctures, just get an extra thick inner tube. however i find that quality inner tube with a high psi is fine.

F

federal_rider12

goo or no goo post #7
weigh too much??? man those tubes i had with that stuff in it were a bit heavier then a normal tube but the extra thick tubes i run now are way heavier, they weigh like a pound or so but its what i need and want so the weight dont bother me and everyone tells me im crazy for buying such heavy tubes but who cares they are great. now as of making a mess, they dont they only will if you toatlly blow the tube out but at that point that stuff isnt goign to help

W

William

goo or no goo post #8
its good if your on a long ride, the green goo saved me from having to walk 10miles when i got a flat mountian biking. its not realy that heavy becasue it always staysat the bvottom of the tire because it is a liquid, i would recomend it for mountian bikes, but it could cause you to screw up on a BMX having green goo slashing around in your tires, plus do you realy need it? its only a temporary fix, you still have to replace the iner tube if you get a flat.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

goo or no goo post #9
yeah, just buy inner tubes in bulk, and take one with you when you go riding.
and while the "gooey" (?) inner tubes weigh more, the main reason why i say that you may notice the weight, is due to the fact that liquid sloshing around in your wheel WILL increase the rotational weight alot more than, if you had a thick inner tube. and generally speaking, in bmx, watching the rotational weight of your wheel, is more important then the overall weight of your wheel.

X

XIII

goo or no goo post #10
there is like a 1-2 oz. difference you ont feel it... but hte goo gets on your tire and rim all over so i would got thick-no goo tubes

I

infantry43RIDER

goo or no goo post #11
its a tube...seriously.
everyone that has to measure the weight of a ****ing innertube...should die.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

goo or no goo post #12
no, its a tube with liquid inside, thus increasing the ROTATIONAL weight, thats something to worry about.

plus, i think you will start seeing new light weight tires, tubes, and other stuff in bmx now. its a brave new world out there. a couple of years ago who would have worried about the weight of their seatpost?

F

federal_rider12

goo or no goo post #13
i have never felt that stuff slush around when i rode around, its not like water it thickens up and you dont feel it, unless its some crappy stuff. rotating weight dont matter to me also, i can feel the weight but it doesnt bother me or adversely affect me actually having my new wheel in back, which is heavier then my old, helps me bunnyhop because it made my bike have an even weight distribution. i also have to agree with infantry, i ride the heaviest tubes out there so i dont have to keep buying new ones and they make my tire stiffer. ive been running one of these tubes, back one is new because of new wheel and tire, for 2 years. sure it weighs like a pound or more but hell to have it last this long is great, so who cares that it weighs more

I

infantry43RIDER

goo or no goo post #14
Mr_Shrapnel said:
no, its a tube with liquid inside, thus increasing the ROTATIONAL weight, thats something to worry about.

plus, i think you will start seeing new light weight tires, tubes, and other stuff in bmx now. its a brave new world out there. a couple of years ago who would have worried about the weight of their seatpost?
its not a brave new world...its a sad new world.

F

federal_rider12

goo or no goo post #15
:lol: oh man everyone wants the new light weight version of everything! why not just get whats good and not worry about weight? yeah sure i cut my seat post down, but not for weight savings just because i didnt have a use for the rest and to make it pull out quicker. ok now heres a good representation, volume bennett bars weigh like 37oz and the volume bennett light bars weigh like 33oz and its like $13 or so dollars more. now which would you buy? i would go with the regular bennetts. i just can not believe people go through these stupid things for light weight parts and spending so much money doing it. ill just stick with what i want and not worry about weight, get stronger and forget the weight issues. hopefully years from now companies keep making normal headsets, american b.b's, and keep making normal parts and not go fight to make the lightest and make junk

M

Mr_Shrapnel

goo or no goo post #16
there is some crap out there for sure, but, if a product can be made lighter without comprimising strength, and not increase the price to an insane amount, then i would say go for it.
but on thing remains constant, it really wizzes me off when people buy a part just cos its lighter, or made by a certain company. only buy a new part if you old one is mashed. thats what i say.

F

federal_rider12

goo or no goo post #17
yes, i want the rnc crank right now but mine is fine, for now. its starting to pop and its just not smooth anymore but i told the guy at the shop once these things break hes ordering some rncs, which might be to much longer from now they are running like crap

New Topics