Goddam spokes!

• Discuss Goddam spokes! in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; don't trust the wheels of fit completes for anything big! as some of you may know i've been complaining about having snapped 3 spokes in my rear... ...
Biggles

Biggles

Goddam spokes! post #1
don't trust the wheels of fit completes for anything big!

as some of you may know i've been complaining about having snapped 3 spokes in my rear wheel, my new hub and spokes are on the way [shadow V2:D] but now i can't ride cause i just broke another 3 tonight!

i don't wanna risk my wheel collapsing and probably causing damage to my frame and me, and tonight i'd been doing 180's over this 2 and a half foot full-up bin bag [a personal record] and then i was just doing 180's on flat just to practice sliders with a cassette, and i did a really small one, like literally just as a way of getting into fakie, and i hear a pop and 3 have gone at once!

and now alans are taking their time getting my stuff to me so i can't ride till they do :( sucks.

anyone else had similarly annoying problems with spoke snapping?

thatotherguy84

thatotherguy84

Goddam spokes! post #2
I go through spokes almost monthly. I just land hard I guess.

ATP

ATP

Goddam spokes! post #3
Haha you always have a different quote from me...

Anywho, let me know how the V2 is, I'm half tempted to rid of my god like Profile to try this QLITE crap. And your spokes could have been shot before the small 180, but just finally gave out on it. I suggest you invest in DT's with Prolock nipples and a solid rim, such as a 7KA or Midway if you want to get fiesty.

thatotherguy84

thatotherguy84

Goddam spokes! post #4
Haha you always have a different quote from me...

Anywho, let me know how the V2 is, I'm half tempted to rid of my god like Profile to try this QLITE crap. And your spokes could have been shot before the small 180, but just finally gave out on it. I suggest you invest in DT's with Prolock nipples and a solid rim, such as a 7KA or Midway if you want to get fiesty.
True that. Even tho I run DT's and I still snap em. I'm just rough on spokes

sledneckadam

sledneckadam

Goddam spokes! post #5
You coukld practice flatland with your shot spokes.

Biggles

Biggles

Goddam spokes! post #6
haha good idea. never really delved into the flatland area. need to go dig my pegs out

kkmk

kkmk

Goddam spokes! post #7
i rode flat with a 19 spoke back wheel, with insane flex in each and every spoke.

Biggles

Biggles

Goddam spokes! post #8
crikey! yeah i might just try out some simple flat moves to improve balance etc

i am brakeless though which doesn't help for someone who's never tried any flat moves!

moldaz

moldaz

Goddam spokes! post #9
aww that sucks... i know how ya feel i can't ride either till i get money friday... i back wheel my bearings decided to explode some how... pos dk hub....

Biggles

Biggles

Goddam spokes! post #10
dam that sucks. i'm the type that rides a lot every single day so not being able to ride properly is gonna drive me mad!

J

jawn

Goddam spokes! post #11
I never break spokes (touch wood), but I have mates that do so it's not unheard of.

BTW, don't DT only come in butted? Straight gauge stuff would probably be more durable.

moldaz

moldaz

Goddam spokes! post #12
dam that sucks. i'm the type that rides a lot every single day so not being able to ride properly is gonna drive me mad!

same here i ride everywere to it sucks not being able to even get on my bike and pedal its depressing sucked when i had to do it for 8 months... when i shattered my leg.... worst time of my life (specially since i had a brand new bike i didn't get to ride...)

TOM_L

TOM_L

Goddam spokes! post #13
I have only broken 2 spokes in almost 3 years of riding. The first was trying opposite whips and the second was the other day from turning around into a rail after a 180 over a little box.

T

Timthekid

Goddam spokes! post #14
lol ive never snapped spokes except for one time when a peg got inside the wheel. good buy spokles.

samisawigga

samisawigga

Goddam spokes! post #15
I've only ever broke spokes from grinding

I'm now on a 31 spoked frontwheel

make that 25 now
GRRRR

Last edited:
Biggles

Biggles

Goddam spokes! post #16
s'all good, alans just mailed me and my parts are coming tomorrow so i'm a very happy bunny :D

Shadow V2 LHD 9t, white primo forged spokes, 23t analog sprocket and new edwins :D

moldaz

moldaz

Goddam spokes! post #17
luckii you!

Biggles

Biggles

Goddam spokes! post #18
hell yes :D bikecheck tomorrow night that means! and someone requested a quality report of the V2 hub so i'll keep you posted!

thatotherguy84

thatotherguy84

Goddam spokes! post #19
Your going to hate those primo spokes fyi.

Biggles

Biggles

Goddam spokes! post #20
oh thanks for that! haha why's that then? i've heard they're pretty strong

New Topics