gloves

• Discuss gloves in the Street Riding forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hands been hurting allot lately and hard calais do u guys ride with gloves or keep riding without them it will get better ...
S

skillz

gloves post #1
hands been hurting allot lately and hard calais do u guys ride with gloves or keep riding without them it will get better

L

Lay

gloves post #2
To be honest, Gloves honestly don't help. The fabric still rubs on the skin, making it worse. Stop biking for about a day. Your hands will get used to them. My hands don't even sting while riding.

ANiMaL xNJx

ANiMaL xNJx

gloves post #3
To be honest, Gloves honestly don't help. The fabric still rubs on the skin, making it worse. Stop biking for about a day. Your hands will get used to them. My hands don't even sting while riding.
what he said. eventually your hands will get used to it and you won't feel a thing :)

Levimoody

Levimoody

gloves post #4
Yeah, when they get blistered just put a bandaid on that bitch and go ride.

Note: If you get hand infection and lose your hand i will be held 100% responsible and ever pay the doctor bill!

vexal

vexal

gloves post #5
i actually only get calisues when i dont ride gloves....but i dont use standered bmx gloves either i have gloves with padding in the palms...also to note when u fall and put ur hand out first (natrual instincts) it dont hurt as bad with gloves on and less likly to bruise ur palm iof u hit to hard...but i mainly use gloves cuz of the sweat i cant stand sweaty/wet grips or bruising my palm again....

i <3 gloves

S

sackley85

gloves post #6
Yea, gloves saved my hands repeatedly. Gouged my palm open when I first started and didn't have any...

As for calluses, you'll still get them, but I think gloves are worth it for the hand-protection.

vexal

vexal

gloves post #7
ye they also protect ur knuckles ive busted mine open a few times when i forgot to wear my gloves

Q

Quid

gloves post #8
I'll wear them when it's raining. And when my hands get semi sweaty. But it's hard to get stuff out of your pockets... But there worth it.

S

SeattleBMX

gloves post #9
if you want less blisters painful callusses get soft grips.

D

Dropsonde

gloves post #10
i wear them when I do DH but when I bmx it feels way better with no gloves. but when it was cold, I had to wear them to warm my hands up

jimbosz07

jimbosz07

gloves post #11
sometimes i use them, sometimes i dont. if im just ridin a little street and screwin around i dont but if im at the park and havin a bit more of an intense session i might use them. my hands have fat calluses and it doesnt really matter if i wear gloves or not for those. you get used to it after a month or two and dont feel it anymore dont worry

T

tsi

gloves post #12
gloves naw always put lotion on

if i wear glove it's only in the cold, but it ruins my edwins

ruzakruzak

ruzakruzak

gloves post #13
I'll get some new gloves soon : 1/ it's getting colder out there, 2/ I ruined my right hand last friday once more when I hit the concrete :'(

I'm thinking about getting the Odyssey PowerGloves. What do you think about them ??

A

AlexB

gloves post #14
i actually only get calisues when i dont ride gloves....but i dont use standered bmx gloves either i have gloves with padding in the palms...also to note when u fall and put ur hand out first (natrual instincts) it dont hurt as bad with gloves on and less likly to bruise ur palm iof u hit to hard...but i mainly use gloves cuz of the sweat i cant stand sweaty/wet grips or bruising my palm again....

i <3 gloves
Same, I ride without gloves a lot of time, but when my hands hurt I stick them on, or im cold.

C

creativemind

gloves post #15
i have hands? i don't feel it at all but i occasionaly ride gloves if its freezingly cold

Levimoody

Levimoody

gloves post #16
The only time i wear gloves is when it freezing cold...

the ace of spade

the ace of spade

gloves post #17
i wear them all the time. i tend to fall a lot so they've saved my hands countless times

Levimoody

Levimoody

gloves post #18
Thinking about getting my self a new glove... whatcha think about it?

Jake Eats Cake

Jake Eats Cake

gloves post #19
once youve been riding a few years - your hands will stop hurting like mine

worstbmxrider

worstbmxrider

gloves post #20
Can anyone recommend some warm gloves for those of us whose thumbs become frozen sausages every winter?

I'll get some new gloves soon : 1/ it's getting colder out there, 2/ I ruined my right hand last friday once more when I hit the concrete :'(

I'm thinking about getting the Odyssey PowerGloves. What do you think about them ??
According to the description on staff-bmx.com, the PowerGloves are "breathable and lightweight." Doesn't sound very good for winter. Maybe the Fox Thermal gloves would be better. Anyone have experience with them?

New Topics