Getting rid of Gyros

• Discuss Getting rid of Gyros in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; before i get my four pack, later i might think about getting rid of gyros cuz i dont need them, is it expensive and hard? and do u think its really... ...
M

MuffinMan

Getting rid of Gyros post #1
before i get my four pack, later i might think about getting rid of gyros cuz i dont need them, is it expensive and hard? and do u think its really worth it

F

federal_rider12

Getting rid of Gyros post #2
its cheap and easy and in my mind better

F

FOL

Getting rid of Gyros post #3
only get rid of them if they are broke, don;t work good enough and you can't adjust them...

otherwise just leave them on and don't follow the trend :)

F

federal_rider12

Getting rid of Gyros post #4
actually the trend now is no brakes, i just prefer a straight cable over a gyro. and who cares about trends. my friends think that brakeless is the only way to ride but they have watched too many guys who ride brakeless so they are following the trend, ill just stick to what i like :p

I

infantry43RIDER

Getting rid of Gyros post #5
thats good...you should always do what you like and setup your ride the way you want.

yes i have to admit that running no brakes right now is some sort of a trend...but many of the riders that try it...love it so they just stick with it...some of them on the other hand hate not having that lever to pull and and put them back on right away.

i really do think that every rider should try every type of setup...
just go for it...
run 2 pegs...run 4
rear brake only...front brake only...both...none
4 peice bars...2 piece
gyro....no gyro

go for it...thats the only way you will ever be able to pick which setup you really do love.

F

federal_rider12

Getting rid of Gyros post #6
ive gone through all, 4 pegs 2 brakes-4 pegs 1 brake-4 pegs no brakes-2 pegs 2 brakes-2 pegs 1 brake-2 pegs no brakes, but for me its 2 pegs 1 brake and ive gone through gyros on all set ups with brakes and straight cable on all with brake set ups, so i think ive figured whats best to me

T

Trimix

Getting rid of Gyros post #7
infantry43RIDER said:
thats good...you should always do what you like and setup your ride the way you want.

yes i have to admit that running no brakes right now is some sort of a trend...but many of the riders that try it...love it so they just stick with it...some of them on the other hand hate not having that lever to pull and and put them back on right away.

i really do think that every rider should try every type of setup...
just go for it...
run 2 pegs...run 4
rear brake only...front brake only...both...none
4 peice bars...2 piece
gyro....no gyro

go for it...thats the only way you will ever be able to pick which setup you really do love.
I TOTALLY agree :clap:

W

William

Getting rid of Gyros post #8
I agree with federal_rider12, all the gyros I’ve seen are crap, and often make the brakes not work as efficiently. I would switch to the “longer brake cable method”. It’s not hard to switch over to it, just take off your headset, pull of the gyro and assemble your headset again. Then just take of your brake cable and get a new one that is long enough so you can barspin easily. New cables only cost $5 Canadian at most.

S

Super S***

Getting rid of Gyros post #9
my stupid friend got a shop to do it and it cost him £10. i did it in about 5 minuits all i did is take off the stem , take out all the wires basicly the then the rings.then i jst ordered a federal slick cable that happens to be miles long and i jst fixed it up.

easy

I

infantry43RIDER

Getting rid of Gyros post #10
federal_rider12 said:
ive gone through all, 4 pegs 2 brakes-4 pegs 1 brake-4 pegs no brakes-2 pegs 2 brakes-2 pegs 1 brake-2 pegs no brakes, but for me its 2 pegs 1 brake and ive gone through gyros on all set ups with brakes and straight cable on all with brake set ups, so i think ive figured whats best to me
same here...i have gone through every setup that i listed...before i started to ride brakeless back 4 years ago...and it was actually the first setup i tried...but i just came back to it...even though i like the front brake only setup too.

F

federal_rider12

Getting rid of Gyros post #11
yeah its a pain to go through all of those but you find what you like.

i also forgot that i tried no pegs 2 brakes-no pegs 1 brake-no pegs no brakes, but i still came to the fact that 2 pegs 1 brake is the best to me

R

rocket

Getting rid of Gyros post #12
FOL said:
only get rid of them if they are broke, don;t work good enough and you can't adjust them...

otherwise just leave them on and don't follow the trend :)

agree. although i dont believe there are trends when it comes to brakes. you either want them or dont and some just want to try something different but usally go back to what they like the best.

I

infantry43RIDER

Getting rid of Gyros post #13
exactly.

federal...man i never tried the 2 brakes and NO pegs...haha.

F

federal_rider12

Getting rid of Gyros post #14
years ago i did that and i built one of my friends bike with 2 brakes and no pegs and rode it a few times but then he said he hated gyros and front brakes so then i remove that and put on pegs and then he says he wants to try brakeless and right after that he breaks the bike down and skateboards and thats what hes into now

New Topics