getting pissed of at bhop

• Discuss getting pissed of at bhop in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Ok lets cut the bs posts if your gonna say "OMG YOU CANT BHOP" "you shouldnt be biking if you cant bhop" or "check other posts" just dont bother as ive... ...
  • Tags bike bikes bmx manual wheelie
S

slappyslapnuts

getting pissed of at bhop post #1
Ok lets cut the bs posts if your gonna say "OMG YOU CANT BHOP" "you shouldnt be biking if you cant bhop" or "check other posts" just dont bother as ive heard/read it all before my problem is i can get the front wheel and the back wheel up when ever i want to (on there own) but when it comes to a bunnyhop i use up most of my energy bringing up a wheelie due to my bikes lengh / weight now ive been going out everyday for 2/3 hours as much as the weather permits to practise. But i cant see how i can transfer my weight as i use it all to pull up the bike then if i try to move it just drops its ass back down on the floor i cant combine the two maybe its the bikes weight maybe its me but its getting annoying now belive me im trying so hard but its seeming impossible my hands are now destroyed. Wet + mongoose grips + crap loads of biking = layer of skin taken off my hands. Need urgent help.

G

getting pissed of at bhop post #2
hi look at the sticky in this section of forums 2nd from the top...... 2/3 a day? wow that sucks

S

slappyslapnuts

getting pissed of at bhop post #3
pobey i think i have read every single bunnyhop guide alive. but someone just saying "throw your weight forwards" does not help at all

G

getting pissed of at bhop post #4
pull up, dont pedal, and pull forward or seomthing

S

slappyslapnuts

getting pissed of at bhop post #5
yep i know i know what to do its the Transition between pulling up and getting my back wheel up that i cant do i can do the tasks individually tho

B

bruisedbob

getting pissed of at bhop post #6
if the front is diving you're jumping forward too much. try going straight up from the manual position and keep tension on the bars. from there its all extension and tuck. just practice, it won't happen in a few hours. and remember that the closer your ass is to the rear wheel, the less effort required to raise front wheel. if all else fails pushups.

S

slappyslapnuts

getting pissed of at bhop post #7
No its not diving its just instantly going back to the ground.. And i cant manual as that requires me to pull a wheelie and keep it there. im using my energy up getting it up in the first place[/list]

B

bruisedbob

getting pissed of at bhop post #8
slappyslapnuts said:
i can get the front wheel and the back wheel up when ever i want to (on there own) .
thought this meant you could manual, sorry. learn manuals first, not block long ones, but at least where the front wheel is steady.

F

federal_rider12

getting pissed of at bhop post #9
ok a bunnyhop u dont shift ur weight u use arm strength and pull up the front wheel up and well for me i use my legs and kick up the back while pullin the bike level with my arms and the drop the back wheel and then front is down a ride off

G

getting pissed of at bhop post #10
F

federal_rider12

getting pissed of at bhop post #11
manuals have nothin to do with a bunnyhop u pick up the front then pick up the back. u dont manual the pick up the back, but if ya want a challenge to bunnyhop get a road or speed bike and try bunnyhop it it is the funnest bunnyhop ive ever done

B

bruisedbob

getting pissed of at bhop post #12
if he cant keep his front wheel up, his hops will be very limited. he also said he spends all his energy trying to get the wheel up. if he can manual already it makes the hop easier. i wasn't telling him to manual every time he hops.

L

leon_luxton

getting pissed of at bhop post #13
a bunnyhop..i cant bunnyhop so dont worry bout it :roll: well unless ya need to be able to bunny hop fos some reson then thats OK :D

T

Trimix

getting pissed of at bhop post #14
Yes, you NEED to bunnyhop well. Foundational for many other things. Double peg stalls would be hard if you can't bunnyhop, as that is a hop from the tranny to the coping. At least for me.

Slappy - You keep saying "Use up all my energy pulling up the front end", maybe you need more energy? Not being funny, but just pulling the front wheel up shouldn't fatigue you in any way. Maybe you mean "energy" in regards to the energy of the hop? If you can get your front wheel up and back wheel up seperately, you're halfway there. You need to get the back wheel up BEFORE the front wheel start to fall. THAT may be robbing the energy of the hop.

Sounds like you may be throwing your weight TOO Far over the bars (as another post indicated) instead of more UP. When the front wheel is say a foot off the ground, pull the back wheel up. It's is sort of a "bronco" (horse) kind of motion.....

I hop 24" easily now on a 35 pound Haro......but it took 27859072037506 hops to get there. Repitition, repitition.....keep working on it.

I

infantry43RIDER

getting pissed of at bhop post #15
trimix is right.
bunnyhopping is foundational.
and you NEED it...when i was more of a beginner i was out all day long bunnyhopping 100 times a day or more...just nothing but bunnyhops.

S

slappyslapnuts

getting pissed of at bhop post #16
been out today for 2 hours i can see my wheelie improving ive even looped over a few times managed to manual for like 3 seconds which was pretty sweet just gonna keep practising and lifting weights till i got myself sorted

F

federal_rider12

getting pissed of at bhop post #17
i was bunnyhoppin way before i was manualin(dont waste ur time tryin to do a manual then bunnyhop) so i mean if u can pick up the front wheel then u pick up the back mostly everyone just uses there arms to do it all but i use my legs to kick up the back and then let my arms pick it up level while throwin my weight straight up that makes the bike smack my ass and then drop the back wheel and front comes right down

G

getting pissed of at bhop post #18
define manueling... i think what you are doing is a whellie

S

slappyslapnuts

getting pissed of at bhop post #19
keeping my front wheel up as i move along for more than a few seconds while balancing so i dont fall? i managed to do a few 5 seconders at a good speed

T

Trimix

getting pissed of at bhop post #20
Manuals are getting fun for me now. They weren't before, but they are getting there......I pulled a nice 40 foot + one this morning. Getting your weight (ass) centered in the right spot seems critical, arms straight, legs straight (get any bend out of them) and just throw your weight softly backwards. Walla manual. They DO TAKE assloads of practice, but they feel great when you nail a long one.....I am gonna start hopping up on stuff in manual in the next few weeks. I can feel it coming......

New Topics