Getting Onto Quarter/Half-Pipes (safely)

• Discuss Getting Onto Quarter/Half-Pipes (safely) in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hi! I've just recently learnt how to drop in on a 6foot half pipe the only problem is... i cant get on it without standing on the top helping me... ...
  • Tags bike bikes jump manual
D

dafty

Getting Onto Quarter/Half-Pipes (safely) post #1
hi!

I've just recently learnt how to drop in on a 6foot half pipe the only problem is... i cant get on it without standing on the top helping me pull it up or throwing my bmx onto the quarter pipe.

How can i get onto the ramp with out damaging myself and my bike.

Please keep in mind, i can only bunnyhop about 2 inches off the floor on a good day 8O.

Cheers
:!: Dafty :!:

F

federal_rider12

Getting Onto Quarter/Half-Pipes (safely) post #2
fly out, i havent done a fly out but you dont need a bunch of speed and when you get to the coping you can just ride over the coping or do a small bunnyhop when you hit the coping and push towards the deck you can also act like your going for a double peg take for foot off and put it on the deck and pull your body over

RuLe

RuLe

Getting Onto Quarter/Half-Pipes (safely) post #3
haha same here. i started doing ramps and i droped in like a 5foot one and i am learning double peg stalls but same here i cant jump on the top of it on 2 wheels without putting my feet down and my friend adam has been busy and we have no time to ever go on it anymore so i cant practice :(

E

EPMD

Getting Onto Quarter/Half-Pipes (safely) post #4
ride up with some speed, put your foot on the coping and pull yourself up

RuLe

RuLe

Getting Onto Quarter/Half-Pipes (safely) post #5
no we ment jumping on top of it without putting your feet down. liek you no how to see people come out of a half pipe and do a manuall ont he deck? well we want to get up on that deck staying on are bikes. i guess you got to just lean forward but i havent got to practice

F

federal_rider12

Getting Onto Quarter/Half-Pipes (safely) post #6
i dont know i think you can just ride over the coping doing a very small bunnyhop when you hit the coping and get on the deck

E

EPMD

Getting Onto Quarter/Half-Pipes (safely) post #7
RuLe said:
no we ment jumping on top of it without putting your feet down. liek you no how to see people come out of a half pipe and do a manuall ont he deck? well we want to get up on that deck staying on are bikes. i guess you got to just lean forward but i havent got to practice
ooh ic now, cause what he posted i didnt get so i guessed

federal_rider12 said:
i dont know i think you can just ride over the coping doing a very small bunnyhop when you hit the coping and get on the deck
yes, exactly

D

dafty

Getting Onto Quarter/Half-Pipes (safely) post #8
ok, so you must have to ride at an angel or you would surely kill your big sprocket??

F

federal_rider12

Getting Onto Quarter/Half-Pipes (safely) post #9
yeah go out at an angle but dont angle a bunch

C

cav89

Getting Onto Quarter/Half-Pipes (safely) post #10
few ways there are...

if you drop in from one side of the pipe and go up the other, pedal a few times in between the transitions, and just go up that mo' fo'. if you learn how to do it on an angle now, sometimes easier, it will make learning to manual on the deck so much more easier.

if its just a quarter, ride hard, dont lean to much forward on the bike, but when you start to hit the coping lean forward. this will get you to land on the deck.

id let you know of more, but i cant remember. soz

Btw RuLe, ur bike looks pretty kool, i may be a lil bit late on pickin this up, but i havent been on in while, just watch out with all the blue ur usin.

O

oibmxpunx

Getting Onto Quarter/Half-Pipes (safely) post #11
wow ummm just ride at it its not that hard

K

kam_holmes

Getting Onto Quarter/Half-Pipes (safely) post #12
in the case of jumping out of the transision and landing on the deck, its just a case of practice and finding the right angle to land on the deck at. i could do it after about 30 min of practicing and im no pro. just ride at the transition, i go pretty vertical. right as you hit the coping turn slightly and then hop out pulling the bike across. kind of like bunny hopping to the side, hard to explain but easy to master :)

T

Trimix

Getting Onto Quarter/Half-Pipes (safely) post #13
dafty said:
hi!

I've just recently learnt how to drop in on a 6foot half pipe the only problem is... i cant get on it without standing on the top helping me pull it up or throwing my bmx onto the quarter pipe. How can i get onto the ramp with out damaging myself and my bike. Please keep in mind, i can only bunnyhop about 2 inches off the floor on a good day 8O.

Cheers
:!: Dafty :!:
Whoa. My head hurts now. I want to help, but sometimes what people say doesn't make sense. Like, how could it be a half pipe and only 6 feet tall? That would be a six foot radius (right evan?) if it's a true half pipe. I think a lot of times people don't know whether they are riding a quarter or a half.

I also find it hard to believe someone can "drop in" from that pipe, and NOT be able to get on top of it. That doesn't make sense to me.

If you mean 'Dafty' that the top of the pipe is vertical and you cannot get ON the deck from below, just ride like hell at it, make sure you have MORE speed than NOT ENOUGH......and when your hips pass the coping or lip of the ramp, just turn sideways and "STEP OFF" of the bike onto the deck.....like you meant to do it :)

F

federal_rider12

Getting Onto Quarter/Half-Pipes (safely) post #14
a 6ft tall halfpipe, its really not that small its considered to be medium sized ive dropped into a 4ft halfpipe, i believe a 6ft one is good to start with and i like smaller half pipes and spines

New Topics