Getting into BMX, HELP PLEASE!!

• Discuss Getting into BMX, HELP PLEASE!! in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey everyone, I am 14 years old and i have been looking into getting into bmx for a long time and i figured its the beginning of summer and i have... ...
  • Tags best bikes bike bikes bmx cheap bmx dirt parts ride bmx
J

Jonnyboy103

Getting into BMX, HELP PLEASE!! post #1
Hey everyone,
I am 14 years old and i have been looking into getting into bmx for a long time and i figured its the beginning of summer and i have some cash so i may as well start now. Most of my friends have bikes so now i want one too. I am just wondering if you have any suggestions for bikes. I would just ride around town but also probably will hit the dirt jumps with my friends and maybe some ramps at the local skate park. The only thing i probably wont get into is vert. I am interested in anything not over say $600. So any advice will help thanks in advance.
-Jon

N

Nyquist JR

Getting into BMX, HELP PLEASE!! post #2
go with a haro backtrail X2 OR X3 if you get the X2 you will have hella spare cash.

E

EasternBMX

Getting into BMX, HELP PLEASE!! post #3
I'd go with any Eastern www.easternbmx.com i ride a pro Jane i love it good luck and don't get frustrated with yourself ride to ride not to get famous "nyquist JR"

N

Nyquist JR

Getting into BMX, HELP PLEASE!! post #4
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: whats that supposed to mean, how am I trying to get famous by suggesting the best bikes on the market, Haro is the leader in BMX and alwayz will be, I dont see how that makes me trying to get famous by suggesting a great bike? You have problems.

N

Nyquist JR

Getting into BMX, HELP PLEASE!! post #5
Funny you arte prolly tryin to make some company famous what with your name being the same as the company, your the one who is tryin to be famous. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

B

bmxface

Getting into BMX, HELP PLEASE!! post #6
calm down boy. we all know that everyone on this forum is trying to get famous.....</sarcasm>

E

EasternBMX

Getting into BMX, HELP PLEASE!! post #7
Shit Jr. settle your ass down at what point in my reply did i say you were trying to get famous because you told him to get a backtrail **** get a ****ing hoop-d from wal-mart i don't give a shit what you ride everyone knows nyquist is the shit but for you to put your name as nyquist jr. you should have just put i give great head your ****ing stupid and what the **** you could have just said "I ride BMX because its fun and yeah going famous would be cool" but no instead you put guy yellow faces and bitch at me because i hurt your fellings **** off and go skateboard bitch

J

Jonnyboy103

Getting into BMX, HELP PLEASE!! post #8
ok ok can u just drop it, im just a newb trying to get some help. Now does anyone have any more suggestions? Also I am wondering so i can look around what kind of bike would be best for my situation?(freestyle,dirt,ect.)

H

hartattack_199

Getting into BMX, HELP PLEASE!! post #9
Hey Jonnyboy, seeing as how your just starting you don't need to get something too fancy, nice $200 mongoose ought to do it.

K

kater

Getting into BMX, HELP PLEASE!! post #10
I love my Flybikes! If you really want to get into BMX, you might spend a bit more than 200 bucks. I'd say 600$ and you get a decent BMX with very good parts. If you don't like it, you can sell it for a good price.

If you buy a cheap BMX, you crash this and that and you must invest every 2 weeks in new parts which sucks and costs a lot of money. In the end, your by 600$ with a cheap BMX ;)

B

bonez

Getting into BMX, HELP PLEASE!! post #11
hang around with your mates and see what sort of set-up of their bikes you work best with and then buy from that experience- don't just go straight in cold. also its best to think how much bashing your likely to give it wheather you need a strong bike think about what bike suits you best before buying!

D

Disrupter

Getting into BMX, HELP PLEASE!! post #12
bmxface said:
calm down boy. we all know that everyone on this forum is trying to get famous.....</sarcasm>
rubbish.

New Topics